BloodReverence
917 IQ
So last night I stayed up until 3 am writing this and today I recorded a decent amount of it. C4C and tell me what you think of the writing and the mix!

[EDIT]
Added in the lead guitars (before the prechorus they are too loud i know), some reverse cymbals, a bass drop and the solo section/final chorus.

https://soundcloud.com/bloodreverence/inspired-finished-demo

Post your link for C4C and I'll give you as in depth of crit as you give me!
Last edited by BloodReverence at Feb 27, 2013,
GS LEAD 5
4,966 IQ
Really liked the way the drums and the guitars work together as the song starts. They sort of "talk" to each other, for want of better words. Synth lines work very well with the guitars. If anything, the palm mutes in the beginning over the synths, the staccato bits, sound a little flubby. Overall, tone is good, mixing very balanced.
Transition at 1:58 slightly abrupt? Maybe let the palm mute ring out till the next parts start?
Playing is tight, very accurate.

Really liked your kick drum sound, what did you use for it? If its not too much bother, could you tell me what you did to get that sound?

EPIC clean bits. Easily the best part of the song. I guess it's still not complete? Sounds like it could do with a solo.

Overall, great work flows well, great transitions, balanced mix.
BloodReverence
917 IQ
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Transition at 1:58 slightly abrupt? Maybe let the palm mute ring out till the next parts start?

Really liked your kick drum sound, what did you use for it? If its not too much bother, could you tell me what you did to get that sound?

That part is there for the vocals to take over for a second, but vocals aren't there yet ahaha but i added the reverse cymbal and bass drop so it sounds a bit less abrupt now.

The kick drum is a sample of CoB's kick that i got online and sampled using Drumagog and replaced my kick!

Quote by MentaLrz
What amp and keyboard vst are you using? I like!

Using the TSE x50 amp sim and the keyboard vst is Nexus. Thank you!
le screamist
516 IQ
Hey man, thanks for the comment! I love your guitar tone, so ****ing gritty and chunky - this is by far one of the more interesting metal tunes I've heard on here in a while, the keyboards really pull it together nicely. Some might call it generic but I think that your mix really compliments that, you can't argue with a breakdown - it just gets shit done haha

Keep it up brother!