j3st3r187
76 IQ
Alright so I just got a Stratocaster last month (absolutely love it) and I just changed strings for the first time. Before I changed it the bridge was laying pretty close, high enough for me to stretch the stings a half step up when pressing down, but now after changing them the bridge is set a lot higher. I've tried adjusting the screws already but I cant get it nearly as low as it was before. Is there something simple i've missed like how to adjust the screws properly?
DeathByDestroyr
EDM
953 IQ
You gotta adjust the springs in the back, actually.
'81 Ibanez DT400
'69 Bassman 50
Marshall 1960a
PSimonR
PSR
83 IQ
Quote by j3st3r187
Alright so I just got a Stratocaster last month (absolutely love it) and I just changed strings for the first time. Before I changed it the bridge was laying pretty close, high enough for me to stretch the stings a half step up when pressing down, but now after changing them the bridge is set a lot higher. I've tried adjusting the screws already but I cant get it nearly as low as it was before. Is there something simple i've missed like how to adjust the screws properly?

You put on light gauge strings when it had heavys on before?
thes50
1,022 IQ
Take the plate off the back and adjust the spring tension. Keep adjusting till the bridge is flat against the body or around where you want.
randywolf244
resident arrogant
587 IQ
get a 6 point not a terribly difficult installation lol. floaters are awful or block/deck the term if you never use lol
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?