Poll: Which of the big four would you rather see live?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which of the big four would you rather see live?
Metallica
27 56%
Megadeth
13 27%
Anthrax
2 4%
Slayer
6 13%
Voters: 48.
TJWhonley
1,000 IQ
(sorry if this doesn't work, firs time trying a poll)
simple question really; who would you rather see live;
1.Metallica,
2. Megadeth,
3. Anthrax, or
4. Slayer
no particular purpose other than that I'm generally interested. feel free to leave comments to back up your choice if you want.
Dempsey68
ihavenoideawhatimdoing
3,330 IQ
what if you have absolutely zero intention of watching any of them and think they're all crap?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
TJWhonley
1,000 IQ
Quote by Dempsey68
what if you have absolutely zero intention of watching any of them and think they're all crap?

then you don't like thrash metal. fair enough, its your opinion.
justaginger
127 IQ
I put Metallica, but I'd equally like to see Megadeth live. Although Metallica have a more varied setlist, Megadeth give a far more consistent show from what I've heard of them.
Now if you were to replace Lars with a greater drummer then Metallica would win out for me
TJWhonley
1,000 IQ
Quote by justaginger
I put Metallica, but I'd equally like to see Megadeth live. Although Metallica have a more varied setlist, Megadeth give a far more consistent show from what I've heard of them.
Now if you were to replace Lars with a greater drummer then Metallica would win out for me

try googleing Metallica live with dave lombardo of slayer. he filled in for lars once, and it was great. as for megadeth, the only thing that lets them down is dave's physical condition. he's just not the amazing frontman he used to be anymore
Iommianity
1,920 IQ
Quote by Dempsey68

Then you've wasted your time?

Probably Metallica though, and that's sad. They're the only band out of that group that doesn't phone in the same setlist every night. That's something at least.
xasq
48 IQ
I've seen Metallica twice and would like to see Slayer some day. Never listened to the other two that much.
Showiddlydiddly
Djangified
135 IQ
Quote by Dempsey68

Then you're doing it right.
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
1,474 IQ
If I was FORCED to see one live then I suppose it would be Metallica. Some of their songs are great but they really suck live. Megadeth is better live (I've seen them) but they don't have as many good songs.
I've also seen Slayer and they were one of the worst bands I have seen live. If they play like that every time it's a mystery to me why they are as popular as they are. I think it was when they were having health problems or whatever but they were downright not even playing the right notes.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Mar 2, 2013,
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
3,503 IQ
Isn't this technically a kinda versus thread?

Anyway, Megadeth because I've seen them once and Metallica twice.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
saberrocks
SaberMaidenfan
1,204 IQ
For me it's more like 'what band I don't wanna see', and that's Megadeth. I've seen Metallica once (and I would like to see them again) so I voted Tallica. Seen Slayer twice (both Hanneman and Holt) and Anthrax once. All put on a great show, especially Anthrax. So much energy!

But MegeDave is kinda meeeh, to me personally. It kind of lacks the energy the other 3 bands have. If I could replace them, I would pick Machine Head over anything.
TJWhonley
1,000 IQ
Quote by captainsnazz
None of them because I'm less than 40 years old and have the minimum level of social skills required to leave my sweaty basement of perpetual virginity.

do you mean you're too "cool" to listen to metal. why? because it's not less than half a year old? what a badman.
link no1
Also cute and fluffy!!!
1,958 IQ
Quote by Dempsey68

Then you have wasted your own time because nobody cares. Congratulations.

Quote by captainsnazz
None of them because I'm less than 40 years old and have the minimum level of social skills required to leave my sweaty basement of perpetual virginity.

I'm 21 and seen them all, I don't see your point.

Like I said, seen them all on the big 4 tour. Seen Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica again since then so twice for those 3.
I'm gonna go with Metallica though, before I saw them they where always THE band I wanted to see live so I'll just throw my vote there. Anthrax where really good live both times I saw them, alot of energy in their performance and stage show. I enjoyed Slayer alot but mostly for the pits.
Megadeth where pretty tame live both times I saw them. I wouldn't go out of my to watch them now, I only watched them the second time since they where playing at download and nobody else interesting was.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
jetwash69
893 IQ
Oh, Live, like "in concert". I thought you meant live like the opposite of die.

Thought TS was going to be some kind of Dr. Evil, had all 4 bands tied up, and was going to drop 3 of them in a tank full of sharks with lasers. And he needed UG's help to decide which to spare.

Nevermind.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
captainsnazz
~
578 IQ
Quote by jetwash69

Thought TS was going to be some kind of Dr. Evil, had all 4 bands tied up, and was going to drop 3 of them in a tank full of sharks with lasers. And he needed UG's help to decide which to spare.

Nevermind.

This would be much better.
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
Quote by jetwash69

Nevermind.

that works too

Metallica. been a fan since I was really little
PrimalFeelings
Banned
208 IQ
Like Megadeth the most musically, but Anthrax always seem to have such an amazing energy on stage that it would be amazing just to see it.
jetwash69
893 IQ
Quote by ihartfood
that works too

Metallica. been a fan since I was really little

Yeah, I voted to let Metallica live too. It was s a fairly uninformed decision since I've never gotten into the other bands much, but I'm sure a lot of UGers would say I'm often uninformed.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Mar 2, 2013,
Toasted_Waffelz
147 IQ
Saw Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica yesterday. They were all perfect.
Lars was actually really good live, a few people said they were all much better than when they came here a few years ago.
I'd probably say Metallica although there's nothing in the world more metal than a Slayer pit. I lost some of my leg hair.
TJWhonley
1,000 IQ
Quote by Toasted_Waffelz
Saw Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica yesterday. They were all perfect.
Lars was actually really good live, a few people said they were all much better than when they came here a few years ago.
I'd probably say Metallica although there's nothing in the world more metal than a Slayer pit. I lost some of my leg hair.

I saw metallica, anthrax and megadeth this year at donnington, and I have to say that I thought metallica had the best atmosphere. might have just been because they were headlining, but you never know. as for lars, he's a great drummer, he's just not as world class as the rest of the band. his stage presence more than makes up for it though.
Adam808
I Wanna Be Sedated
111 IQ
I have the Big Four concert on DVD, epic. BUT, if it was just one, I would say Metallica, very close second is Megadeth.
Play Loud! Play Fast! Play Raw!
bebert
4,785 IQ
I saw them and that was like a lot of people:
1) Metallica
2) Megadeth
3) Slayer
4) Anthrax
fatgraymatt
Gear Addict
267 IQ
I've seen all of them and I'd have to go with Metallica. Saw 'em the first time opening for Ozzy on the Master of Puppets tour and have been a fan ever since. I've seen them touring behind Puppets, Garage Days, ...and Justice for All, the Black Album and, most recently, Death Magnetic and never left unsatisfied. Hetfield's voice has changed over the years but his rhythm-guitar kung-fu remains strong. I saw the other bands on the Clash of the Titans tour in '91 (with a mostly-unknown Alice in Chains opening). They were all excellent but Slayer absolutely destroyed the place- turned the floor into the biggest mosh-pit I've ever seen as soon as they started playing Angel of Death. The place went nuts, it was almost scary. I'd like to see Anthrax again since I really like Worship Music and I'd love to see Megadeth now that Chris Broderick is in the band- that guy's a monster.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Metallica are awful live these days... I don't see the praise... Lars CANNOT keep time and all the songs end up too fast. On the Big 4 DVD he's too fast, when I saw him at Download 2012 he was too fast... Sonisphere 2011 was actually perfect. He's hit and fuqing miss.

The best live out of the 4 to me is Megadeth, which is annoying because I like Metallica's songs more...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Apr 12, 2013,