False_God
ios 5 compatible
8,047 IQ
Has anyone heard/played one of these?

Little Mark 250

Looking at getting a portable head and this has caught my eye because of the quality of brand & price but have no chance of trying one what so ever.

Also considering the TC Electronic BH250 which is same price and output.
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Its the same as the Little Mark III, just 250w @ 4 ohms instead of 500, so if you can try out a Little Mark III (probably much easier to find in a store) it'll give you a good idea of what it sounds like. Little Marks are pretty transparent amps, very versatile.

FWIW, I have a Little Mark II (precursor to the LM III, 250, etc.) and I absolutely love it. It can pretty much do anything and I don't see myself ever really needing another amp (unless someday I got my hands on an Acoustic 360/361).
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
It should be as good as their other amplifiers, which means it is pretty damned good. However, I would try to get the next model up because it has more power. 250 watts RMS is not going to be useful in a lot of gig situations unless you are in a jazz band, or you plan to use it only for practice and recording.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ
Quote by FatalGear41
It should be as good as their other amplifiers, which means it is pretty damned good. However, I would try to get the next model up because it has more power. 250 watts RMS is not going to be useful in a lot of gig situations unless you are in a jazz band, or you plan to use it only for practice and recording.

I understand that 500 Watts is plenty, but 250 W being not enough?? I mean, in very loud situations, maybe, but 250 W doesn't sound little to me...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
consecutive e
draws 'til death.
1,471 IQ
Watts ≠ volume.
Personally, after gigging a 500 watt MarkBass head for so long there's no way in hell I'd go for a 250 watt MarkBass power section. They're just not THAT loud. In my old band competing against two loud guitarists I JUST kept up running through an 810, if I needed to get louder I had nowhere to go. The MarkBass runs out of puff at about 1 o'clock on the master.
I don't have any experience with the TC head but if my experience with MarkBass is anything to compare to the GK MB200 would be louder than the Little Mark 250.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Mar 14, 2013,
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
my TC combo is, like already said, not THAT loud. its loud enough but still.

that said I do play in a jazz band, but if were to join a punk band I would drowned out.