So I scored a Charvel 275 Deluxe for pretty cheap (will have to do a proper NGD as I got a ton of new gear lately) and everything about it is great, minus the pickups. Now the interesting part is while it looks to be a humbucker in the bridge, it's actually two single coils right next to each other.

I plan on using this axe mainly for 80's hair, but might be playing a little classic rock with it as well. After doing a little research, I was thinking maybe a Dimarzio Super Distortion as one of the bridge single coils, but not sure about the rest. I haven't had a guitar with single coils so I'm a little out of my realm.

My Gear
Ovation Condor
Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro Goldtop
Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro Wine Red
Epi 1966 G-400
JCA20H w/ JCA24S Cab
535Q Crybaby/Korg Pitchblack/Slash Octave Fuzz/Script Phase 90/Ibanez FL9 Flanger/Boss DD3 Delay
Last edited by TylerRexx at Mar 13, 2013,
Does it have a 5-positions switch? Is it wired like a strat? Are you willing to change the wiring?
It does have a 5 position switch and is wired like a start, but I have no problem changing up the wiring at all
My Gear
Ovation Condor
Epi 1966 G-400
JCA20H w/ JCA24S Cab
535Q Crybaby/Korg Pitchblack/Slash Octave Fuzz/Script Phase 90/Ibanez FL9 Flanger/Boss DD3 Delay
Then why not get a real humbucker for the bridge? With a four-wire one you might be able to do some funky phase switching.
Because it's not routed for a humbucker. I'd have to rout out the cavity more, which is not something I'm up for. I'd rather have single-coil sized humbuckers and have two different bridge tones.
My Gear
Ovation Condor
Epi 1966 G-400
JCA20H w/ JCA24S Cab
After doing a little more research, how would a Duncan JB Jr and a Dimarzio Super Distortion sound in the bridge?
My Gear
Ovation Condor
Epi 1966 G-400
JCA20H w/ JCA24S Cab