jmays2006
68 IQ
First off I hate this guitar. Its very nice looking. I wanna sell it and buy a Schecter C1 Hellraiser hardtail. I MUST get rid of this guitar or its going into the fire. I hate it and want it gone $750 buys it. If not its splinters.
osakamitsu
745 IQ
Whats a hard tail? Just no FR? And why do you hate it? Just curious since I play a no FR C1 hellraiser. Are the FR version just bad?
jmays2006
68 IQ
Quote by osakamitsu
Whats a hard tail? Just no FR? And why do you hate it? Just curious since I play a no FR C1 hellraiser. Are the FR version just bad?

There is nothing wrong with a Floyd Rose if you NEED one and have the Time and patience to Restring, intonate, and tune. Tuning a FR is a MAJOR headache. Plus you have to cut your ball ends off (Affects proper tension and sustain and compromises Tuning stability IMO). I play Rhythm and do the *chug* *chug* parts behind the lead guitarist. I use quite a few different tunings and like to adjust on the fly. I cannot do that with this FR hell-raiser. Its useless to my style but I like the electronics. Hard tail Schecters are String through with Tone-Pro's Bridge. I don't have the time to intonate every time I break a string nor do I have $80 everytime it goes out of tune to have to re-setup. I just hate that FR. I also use Palm muting and this guitar SUCKS at that unless it has a Tremolo-no installed. Floating bridges are just not my hand. plus I LOVE coil tap standard with my EMG pickups.
Akherousia
68 IQ
Ah, typical.
People always rag on Floyd's but in their little diatribes it becomes quite clear they've barely even given the poor things a chance.

If you want to use fixed bridge because you prefer it, by all means knock yourself out, but I can guarantee you that you will need to get it intonated and st-up far more often than you would a properly set-up Floyd if you intend on switching tunings so often on your guitar. Like it or not, that shit will **** up your tension and intonation regardless of bridge. True, Floyd's are more 'stick to one tuning or else' but frankly every guitar should be approached with that attitude, I feel.

Honestly, once you get a trem set up for that first time 90% of the problems you've mentioned absolutely disappear so long as you properly maintain it. I've had mine set up for my tuning a year and a half ago, and I haven't needed to intonate or set it up since.

By all means, upgrade to something more to your liking if you feel that's more to your speed - but don't be ignorant and rag on something for being awful just because you wouldn't take the time to learn how to use it properly.