OlaOlgadottir
44 IQ
Does anyone know of a company that produces 4 string basses with 26 frets? I'm not talking about a ridiculously expensive cumstom made fancy instrument, but rather something around the price of 1000-2000 dollars.
Fishybones
.....Pudding?
297 IQ
Wouldn't it be easier (and most likely cheaper) to just get a five-string, swap the nut and use the 5 highest strings in a 6-string set?

As Spaz said: The only bass I've seen with a 26 fret neck is the Vampyre. If you get a five-string and tune it to EADGC, you would only need 21 frets to get the same range.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster

Squier Vista Venus

Pro co Rat 2
Fulltone OCD
Boss DD7
Akai Headrush E2
EHX NYC Big Muff

Vox AC30cc1
Nutter_101
1,826 IQ
The NT Thumb bass from Warwick is also a 26 fretter.

Edit: You'll definitely be able to find a used one in that price range.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
OlaOlgadottir
44 IQ
Yeah, I've considered the 5 string with high c -option, but I really don't want more than 4 strings. I find it very inconvenient when I play slap bass. I can live with 24 frets haha.
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Quote by OlaOlgadottir
Yeah, I've considered the 5 string with high c -option, but I really don't want more than 4 strings. I find it very inconvenient when I play slap bass. I can live with 24 frets haha.

If the string spacing is a problem there are 5 strings with 19mm string spacing, same as your usual 4 string.

The only 26 fret basses I can think of that haven't been mentioned are custom Zons with a 26 fret option, but that could be triple your price range or more. Tom Clement might make you a custom one for between 1 and 2 grand, so that might be a possibility.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
King Of Suede
UG's Unicycling Bassist
883 IQ
Many made-to-order basses have a 26 fret option if you're looking to go that route. Much elss likely with factory models.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,591 IQ
Why the hell do you want a bass with 26 frets? You do realise playing really high notes on the bass isn't going to make your penis any bigger, right?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
King Of Suede
UG's Unicycling Bassist
883 IQ
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvRlwq62pn0
Look at how large this man's penis is.
uEnvy.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
consecutive e
draws 'til death.
1,471 IQ
The Warwick Dolphin Pro I has 26 frets, you could probably find a used one in your price range.

Quote by eddiehimself
Why the hell do you want a bass with 26 frets? You do realise playing really high notes on the bass isn't going to make your penis any bigger, right?

Different styles call for different requirements.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Mar 20, 2013,
King Of Suede
UG's Unicycling Bassist
883 IQ
Quote by ChucklesMginty
High C and 26 frets, I mean that is just a little bit silly.

¯\_(ツ_/¯
Quote by Banjocal