1,725 IQ
I don't judge people on superficial shit

I judge them based on their fagginess
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Porch monkey.

Were taking it back! Porch Monkey's for life!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Quote by crackerpleaz
I always try not to judge people, but the cop thing is kind of a weird one for me. I don't hate all police, but I think choosing to go into a career where you put yourself into a position of arbitrary authority above others says something about a person.

I don't think legal authority is "arbitrary". Nor is being in authority over other people peculiar to law enforcement (in fact, anyone who's not the bottom of the pile in a company has authority over others).

Nor is having authority over others the largest or even most definitive part of law enforcement.
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
Quote by losing battle
Were taking it back! Porch Monkey's for life!

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Good Ol' Ramos
UG Newbie
118 IQ
We all have to.Our brains are built to constantly take in data and make sense of it so as to be able to do something with that data.

I can tell from clothing styles who is most likely to be, poor, a hunter, a pot smoker, a restaurant worker, a person with aggressive tendencies, so on. We wear ourselves on our sleeves more than we realize, which makes the superficial judgment easier. It's all after observing similar looks over and over again exhibit the same behavior. I'm hard-pressed to find someone that wears a Bass Pro Shops hoodie who doesn't hunt or fish.

Then I look to myself. If you all saw me today, had never seen a word come from my mind, what would you judge me as?
Attachments:
1 Te'oing.jpg
Last edited by Good Ol' Ramos at Mar 20, 2013,
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar
1,428 IQ
I'm normally very good at not judging people by those things, but teenagers are testing my patience lately. Lately every time I have to be on public transit with them and look at their shitty clothes and shitty hair and shitty faces and hear them talk about shitty things, I judge them as being the shittiest things in the world.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
I judge people based on their appearance/whether they look like they take care of themselves
cat
Good Ol' Ramos
UG Newbie
118 IQ
Quote by guitarxo
I judge people based on their appearance/whether they look like they take care of themselves

Yeah if a person is completely careless in their appearance, there's a high likelihood they're careless with either themselves or their lives.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
I like to think that I'm a very open-minded person.

But if I said I didn't judge people I would be lying. But it's usually not on superficial shit.

I don't care what your avatar is, I don't care what your signature says, I don't care if you don't take the time to properly write out a post. All I really care about is what you say, or how you act.

As far as not on the internet, I refuse to pass judgement on people until I've met them personally or know them. Because the other route is incredibly pig-headed and slightly condescending.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
TV-Casualty
451 IQ
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos
Then I look to myself. If you all saw me today, had never seen a word come from my mind, what would you judge me as?

A dude who listens to bands I've never heard of, drinks recreationally, smokes weed semi-regularly, used to skate but doesn't anymore, and plays bass in a band with his buddies for fun and doesn't take it too seriously. Generally laid back and easy going.
captainsnazz
~
578 IQ
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos

A potential future member of Four Year Strong.

That's a wonderful thing
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos
Yeah if a person is completely careless in their appearance, there's a high likelihood they're careless with either themselves or their lives.

It depends if you're looking at them as being careless with their appearance, or not caring too much about how they appear to others.

"Careless" to me implies they should care or that it important, hence I'm assuming why you think there would be careless with their lives, but that's an immediate application of your own standards. Not taking care of your appearance may say something about a person (what things they set importance on or care about) but to say it shows a general sweeping carelessness about their lives is a pretty massive generalisation.

Hippies for example might give little care to their appearance, but very famously do care about a lot of things and take great care in how they live their lives. Similarly someone very sporty or active might not take of their appearance in being happy to go around in joggers or basic practical clothes, but again very obviously take great care of themselves.

As I said in an earlier post; appearance might say a lot about them, but be aware it might not be what you think it shows.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Not usually, I do sometimes (like if someone's wearing Beats I'll probably think they're a bit unintelligent) but I almost never treat someone differently because of it.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Good Ol' Ramos
UG Newbie
118 IQ
Quote by TV-Casualty
A dude who listens to bands I've never heard of, drinks recreationally, smokes weed semi-regularly, used to skate but doesn't anymore, and plays bass in a band with his buddies for fun and doesn't take it too seriously. Generally laid back and easy going.

lol, it was rhetorical, but the responses are funny.

I do enjoy bands that aren't too popular... heck, I've been a fan of Coheed for about 10 years. I do drink and smoke plenty, I actually used to BMX bike (but I don't anymore), and I play bass when jamming with my buddies, but it's nothing serious. I'm mostly a guitarist trying to get in with other musicians that actually know what they're doing so I can start playing live.

I'm a pretty laid back and easy going guy.

Quote by captainsnazz
A potential future member of Four Year Strong.

That's a wonderful thing

Are you hitting on me?

I think so... I hope so.

But anywho, with those two responses, ya see how judging based on appearances isn't the most illogical thing to do?
Zox
Dwarf Shortage
227 IQ
Yes, of course.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by MadClownDisease
It depends if you're looking at them as being careless with their appearance, or not caring too much about how they appear to others.

"Careless" to me implies they should care or that it important, hence I'm assuming why you think there would be careless with their lives, but that's an immediate application of your own standards. Not taking care of your appearance may say something about a person (what things they set importance on or care about) but to say it shows a general sweeping carelessness about their lives is a pretty massive generalisation.

Hippies for example might give little care to their appearance, but very famously do care about a lot of things and take great care in how they live their lives. Similarly someone very sporty or active might not take of their appearance in being happy to go around in joggers or basic practical clothes, but again very obviously take great care of themselves.

As I said in an earlier post; appearance might say a lot about them, but be aware it might not be what you think it shows.

this nigga right here
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
I like to think that i have an open mind.

If someone says something that is genuinely out of line, i will tell that that it is wrong, but i fully endorse people having the freedom to be whoever they want.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Jehuty
UG's Fingerpicker
1,593 IQ
Although I like to think of myself as open minded, there's also no doubt in my mind that I'm quite judgemental at times. In all fairness tough, someone's appearance, way they speak and even their little mannerisms tell quite a lot about a person. I try my best however not to let these ideas intrude on the way I interact with them.
donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
Sometimes i do, but if i end up speaking to them and they are actually a decent person, all that other stuff becomes irrelevant.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
SkepsisMetal
✈ 🍁
1,468 IQ
Of course. Doesn't mean they don't get a chance, but I have to start somewhere.
DeadlyIllness
UG Member
172 IQ
Quote by anvil is god
Like being a police officer, or having a My Little Pony avatar?
I try not to.

If Bronies are fags, and TS is a brony. Therefore, TS is a fag.
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
Quote by sashki

I'd be lying if I said I didn't

Is that Dream Theater?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
808 IQ
Quote by sashki

Lol at John Petrucci standing second from the left. What a homographer.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Quote by sashki

They picture is just plain unfair, we know from many years of conditioning that is a terribad boy band. Look at how everything matches.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
sashki
6,586 IQ
Quote by Bushinarin
Lol at John Petrucci standing second from the left. What a homographer.

John Petrucci isn't in Megadeth, you noobtard
Quote by losing battle
They picture is just plain unfair, we know from many years of conditioning that is a terribad boy band. Look at how everything matches.

It's an unfortunate truth. When I see a band that looks like that (of which there are many), I'm not excited to check out there music because in the back of my mind I assume I'm not going to like it.

Sometimes I give it a chance, but every time I am proven wrong.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 20, 2013,
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
dream theater are so gay
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash