I just want to know what do u think is the best value for money strat avalible?
To be honest, I'd go with the American Standard Strat. It's closer to $1000, but in my opinion those are where you get the best value.

Are you looking for something cheaper?
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
guitarchalk.com
Probably American Standard Strat, though Mexican Strats are also great if you upgrade the pickups.

I would also look into the Carvin Bolt if you want to spend a bit more for a semi-custom instrument that will be as good as or better than an American Strat in terms of build quality. For about $800 base price they are excellent value.
^ I think you can't go wrong with the American Standard.

However, there are excellent "Strats" from companies like Carvin, Fernandes, Fret-King, G&L, Godin and US Masters that bring other great qualities to the table.

Carvins are incredibly customizable. Fernandes' Retrorocket delivers high quality combined with the option of having a Sustainer pickup. Arguably, Fret-King and Godin bring better value for money, delivering comperable guitars for less money. And many regard G&L's take as the ultimate refinement of the Strat idea short of going custom. US Masters is, like Carvin, a customizer's dream, but with an eye towards slightly more aggressive tones.

And of course, there are many other options as well.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 22, 2013,
Oh, yeah, I'd take a G&L any day over a Fender Strat. But, they are more expensive and I'm not sure how the lower cost import series stack up.
The entry-level G&Ls are pretty good, and I would probably compare them to MiM Fenders.

Godin & Carvin I would compare directly to Fender, but with better value for money.

I own a Fernandes Elite, which is MiK, and is very nice indeed. I'd bet the MiJ ones are stellar. And the sustainer is simply cool.

I just got a Fret-King Blue Label Super 60HB. When shopping for a hardshell case & strap, one of the salesmen thought it was a G&L at first. Blue Label are F-K's first tier of "pro" quality instruments...hey have two more labels above them.

US Masters are probably about as good as it gets before going full custom...and if you look at their prices, you'd believe it. (But they're sooooo pretty!)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Keep an eye on american musical supply and sweetwater. They seem to always have a deal on Fenders. A week or two ago, I saw new 2012 American Standard models for like $750. Mine is a 2011 model and I got it at the end of 2011. Got it on sale plus Fender had a $100 factory discount thing so it was like $850. American musical supply had free shipping too and since it was out of state I paid no tax.
Sweetwater has good prices on a good selection, and a good return policy as a cherry on top. My church's music minister uses them fairly regularly, and speaks highly of their customer service.

alhaq369
probably the japanese ones. though to get the best value it's normally easier to just skip the fender-branded ones and go with tokai or similar. Granted they're not as good value as they were because of the strong yen

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I just got a Fret-King Blue Label Super 60HB. When shopping for a hardshell case & strap, one of the salesmen thought it was a G&L at first. Blue Label are F-K's first tier of "pro" quality instruments...hey have two more labels above them.

i think the black labels are under the blue labels. the black labels don't have the gotoh japan hardware.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc

i think the black labels are under the blue labels. the black labels don't have the gotoh japan hardware.

Yep, and the Green Label and STVDIO are the higher end ones.

There are some cool Black Label guitars, though...and I'd consider adding another F-K of ANY of their lines to my collection in the future.

alhaq369
ah i forgot about the stvdio ones

yeah some of the black label ones do look cool, but their prices seem to be higher than the blue label prices a lot of the time, lol- i guess because they're newer. But i'd struggle to pay more for something that's (on paper, anyway) worse. EDIT: or at least, you can often find the blue labels on offer. I wouldn't pay more than ~£400 for a new blue label, on the basis that if you wait long enough you can normally find one for that.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 22, 2013,
Pretty much any of the Mexican strats are good guitars.

Personally that's what I like to buy. They have the same build quality of the Americans with cheaper electronics, then I just like to put good pickups in them. So I get exactly what I want
EDIT: or at least, you can often find the blue labels on offer. I wouldn't pay more than ~£400 for a new blue label, on the basis that if you wait long enough you can normally find one for that.

Yeah, that's what happened with my Super 60HB- my total cost with shipping and import costs was @$670. Add in a Fender tweed hardshell case and a strap...$850?

alhaq369
yeah i got my super 60 p90 one for £375 IIRC and my country squire super s for £410 (both including postage).
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i got my super 60 p90 one for £375

Is hat the one that has the p90 in the bridge and 2 singlecoils? I was hoping to get one I found in metallic orange, but it was sold before I pulled the trigger.

alhaq369
yep that's the one. and yeah i have it in metallic orange I'd have actually preferred sunburst (though my super s is sunburst, so i don't care so much now, i got it later), but the orange is pretty nice. And different, without being too different.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Jealous!

alhaq369

fwiw I prefer the colour of your green one, it's really nice. But the p90 one isn't available in green, and i wanted the p90 one.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Hahaha- It's like one of those switched at birth stories!

I'm still thinking about getting that Super 60SP in metallic orange down the road, but I simply can't justify it at this time. The only other metallic orange "Strat" or "Tele" I can find are USA G&Ls, and I don't know of any with a P90 and singlecoils.

I bet that Super 60SP sounds as nice as my Super 60HB. Happy with it?

alhaq369
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 23, 2013,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Hahaha- It's like one of those switched at birth stories!

I'm still thinking about getting that Super 60SP in metallic orange down the road, but I simply can't justify it at this time. The only other metallic orange "Strat" or "Tele" I can find are USA G&Ls, and I don't know of any with a P90 and singlecoils.

I bet that Super 60SP sounds as nice as my Super 60HB. Happy with it?

yeah it's a nice guitar. the neck's not on quite straight (i didn't notice it when i bought it) but i'm guessing a shim will sort that easily enough. And i got it pretty cheap...

and yeah it's probably not the best idea to get two guitars that are so similar... even my super s (the tele one) is close enough to the super 60 sp that you'd easily know they were made by the same people.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

I think the best Fender you'll find is an American one. Yeah, a MIM strat can be really good, damn near as god as an American strat(with upgrades). But if you do the math, you will quickly find out that after you buy a used MIM strat and upgraded the tuners, nut, bridge, pickups, and electronics, you've spent about as much as a used MIA strat would cost(which doesn't really need upgrades). Then the kick in the crotch is that you don't get your money back if you decide to sell the MIM strat, but you do get your money back with the MIA strat.
Good point!

While there are several brands that compete with Fender for value for money TODAY, nobody else's Strats & Teles hold resale value like Fenders.

alhaq369
if your planning on selling it later the Fender American Standard will be good to you .... if your planning on keeping it, a brand new G&L American Legacy is barely more money than the Fender american standard and a way better guitar , if you look/purchase a used G&L Legacy then your way way up on the Fender in quality and money
A used one from Craig's List

You can buy great condition USA made Strats for $500.

You can get a MIM for $200..

My USA Charvel was $600

My USA Jackson Soloist was about $1100. Have you seen the prices of new Jacksons?!?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Good point!

While there are several brands that compete with Fender for value for money TODAY, nobody else's Strats & Teles hold resale value like Fenders.

agreed. something of a self-fulfilling prophecy, but it'd be silly to pretend it doesn't exist, either.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman