Hey guys,
What's your stance on what SHOULD come in a guitar pack?
I'm wondering as the people around me are looking at getting them for the first time as to what other people think should be in these packs!

So like, straps, lead, picks etc
Tell me all of your ideas!
Chord books? Whatever!

Thank you!!!
I hate to say this, but those starter packs are junk most of the time. If it's not for you then I suppose I can't offer alternatives, but the general concensus seems to be to steer clear of them.

Ideally you'd want a tuner, some picks, perhaps a starter book, a strap, cord, capo, and of course the amp and guitar.

If you want to supplement, I suggest an extra set of strings (or five), some polish, and perhaps some strap locks.
OffsetOffset
These threads keep getting better and better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My starter pack was a bc rich warlock, a rouge starter amp, a strap that I made from shoelaces lol and a korg tuner I actually still have

The big problem is that I'm primarily a blues / indie player lol
I, for one, am of the opinion that no beginner should ever buy a new guitar. I am also of the opinion that the prospective player should be intimately involved in the buying process, so that they get something that will inspire them to play. I have never played a starter pack guitar that inspired me to do anything but put it back where I found it.

Starter packs are worth their weight in firewood and doorstops, for the most part. The ones that are playable still have no resale value, and the amps are a joke. If I were advising somebody on the gear they needed to get started, I would take them on a pawnshop crawl to find a nice guitar at a reasonable price, and then tell them to get some amp/effect modeling software for their computer. Good playability, sound quality, and resale value, THAT'S the "starter pack" you need.
Starter packs are usually crap, but I like the idea of bundles. E.g. a beginner getting his first set-up on a budget could buy a guitar [e.g. Squier strat] and a small amp [Roland Cube, Vox DA5 etc] with a discount.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Ippon
Spare power and preamp tubes, extra fuses, extra instrument and speaker cables, back-up guitar(s) and amp(s), your favorite girl and drink.

And if your amp is as beautiful as 311's QuickRod, an amp case:

While that amp is awesome, it is as tacky looking as a Black beauty-shop
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Ippon