Page 2 of 2
bebert
5,332 IQ
In Classic Rock, I choose "Light My Fire" The Doors. The first I really enjoyed when I was a kid. The keyboard solo is even better than the guitar solo, but both are really kinf of wild!
"Highway Star" of Deep Purple is one of my current favorite...
Thomas_Erak_Fan
50 IQ
Digital Man by Rush. The solo is so simplistic but awesome at the same time.

Rush is a classic rock band, right?
"Because computers and science" - Rody Walker
curiousgeorgia
10 IQ
"Stairway to Heaven" (Jimmy Page) - Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin IV, 1971. If Jimmy Page is the Steven Spielberg of guitarists, then “Stairway” is his Close Encounters. Built around a solid, uplifting theme—man’s quest for salvation—the epic slowly gains momentum and rushes headlong to a shattering conclusion. The grand finale in this case is the song’s thrill-a-second guitar solo.
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
110 IQ
If there was a solo (or two in this case) that could make me smile every day I wake up, Blue Sky by the the Allman Brothers would be exactly what I would want to hear. Beautiful style and movement by both Duane and Dicky.
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
gnrcrazyfan
10 IQ
I angree with some of you that freebird is amazing.But you really have to listen to child of time solo from deep purple.It's the most powerfull solo i have ever heard!
gnrcrazyfan
10 IQ
well, free bird is amazing but the solo of child in time of deep purple has something special.It's so powerfull.There will never exist a solo like this.If i learn to play this solo a will be satisfied.
Andrew Tintle
10 IQ
Can't go wrong with "Comfortably Numb". Although I have to say, it is so hard not to speed when "Free Bird" comes on the radio!
TomM96
10 IQ
I have to say 'Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd, or Mick Ronson's end solo in David Bowie's 'Moonage Daydream'.
wcrystal
10 IQ
Only Pink Floyd! Yuhuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
192-168-1-1.org/linksys-router-setup
RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
60 IQ
1. "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent (#1 Favorite)
2. "Dazed And Confused" Jimmy Page (Live)
3. "Black Star" by Yngwie J. Malmsteen
4. "Halo 2 Theme" by Steve Vai
5. "Train Kept A-Rollin" by Aerosmith

By the way, those who replied to my Yngwie J. Malmsteen post under "electric guitar technique..." I meant as in what do you think of his mastery of the fretboard, and his techniques... I didn't even KNOW that members who didn't start a thread could close it!
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Page 2 of 2