Hello

I'm a beginner at playing guitar and new to this forum. I've decided to track my progress on YouTube. I haven't been able to practice regularly, usually am only able to squeeze in about 10 minutes of practice a day.

I just posted my first progress video, 7 weeks in. It helps to watch these videos as I can see how poor my form is and what needs to be fixed. Feel free to throw in some feedback

Thanks!

Here's the link to the clip:
youtube.com /watch?v=ZfSCXcdMYCM
(remove the space after .com!)
I may actually have to steal a page from your book and start doing this myself. It's always rewarding and motivating to see yourself making progress, wish I would've thought of video recording my progress sooner.

I'm a beginner myself (early January), although not the same genre of music. Keep it up and the main thing is have fun.

Edit: Thought I'd add what I've read so many other people say before, 10 minutes of practice each day is better than 4 hours once a week. So the more you can pick the guitar up the better.
Last edited by omnilux at Mar 25, 2013,
It's very hard for me not to say that this video gave me cancer..

Ummmm yeahhhhh. Keep at it and one day you'll get there
Quote by CanadGuitarGirl
Hello

I'm a beginner at playing guitar and new to this forum. I've decided to track my progress on YouTube. I haven't been able to practice regularly, usually am only able to squeeze in about 10 minutes of practice a day.

I just posted my first progress video, 7 weeks in. It helps to watch these videos as I can see how poor my form is and what needs to be fixed. Feel free to throw in some feedback

Thanks!

Here's the link to the clip:
youtube.com /watch?v=ZfSCXcdMYCM
(remove the space after .com!)

The progress tracking is a cool idea. Definitely try to practice daily if you can, and I'd shoot for more like 30 minutes to an hour. Still, anything is good.

Are you getting into any open chords?
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
guitarchalk.com
What songs and bands do you like? There's very simple songs that you'll probably like playing a lot more. Make sure your guitar is in tune, get a tuner on your phone. Learn some chords, read up on the position of the notes on the fretboard, how chords are constructed and what the major scale is.

If possible get a Teacher.

Quote by vayne92
It's very hard for me not to say that this video gave me cancer..

Ummmm yeahhhhh. Keep at it and one day you'll get there

Ignore this troll.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
What songs and bands do you like? There's very simple songs that you'll probably like playing a lot more. Make sure your guitar is in tune, get a tuner on your phone. Learn some chords, read up on the position of the notes on the fretboard, how chords are constructed and what the major scale is.

Good advice that every guitarist should have on a poster in their room.

Ignore this troll.

Bad-guitar induced cancer is no joke. I went into my local guitar center and only just got off chemo.
Quote by Mephaphil

This!

After 34 yrs, I still suck.... should have found a good teacher. The sooner the better.

Tracking your progress is a very good idea, never stop doing it. Soon you will be shredding like Lori Linstruth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQLXfjcMYKE
Last edited by wiggedy at Mar 26, 2013,