FlammenMeer
110 IQ
Hi guys! So I've recently found this video on youtube and it seems a lot easier to play MoP the way this asian kid does. It seems like he doesnt make those 3/5 to 5/7 slides, than open E, than 6/8 to 5/7 and 3/5 to 5/7 again. (what a pain in the ass eh?) It more seems as if he was doing some hammerons or something, I don't know, it's not as authentic metallica sound as the original, but I am trying to play this and sing at the same time, and this would be a great solution for me, as I am a noob yet.

Can anyone help me tab out the main riff and the chorus part? I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Y26LZKHgM
Last edited by FlammenMeer at Mar 25, 2013,
fanapathy
B-Tuned
1,983 IQ
He doesn't play the E string in what would be slides. He hammers from x55-x77 and slides from x88-x77. Part 2 of main riff seems like normal..

Chorus doesn't seem easier than the regular chorus..he just uses different bass notes in some of the the palm mutes

The slides in this song are just a practice thing...like if you can do the rest of the song it shouldn't be the hardest part.
FlammenMeer
110 IQ
Thank you Sir!
That's what I, actually, did figure out my self, though I wasn't sure and it just wouldn't sound right, when I did it. So it is "smoke under water" style chords w/e, right?
fanapathy
B-Tuned
1,983 IQ
^Yes exactly It will sound fine just not as "heavy" or whatever
FlammenMeer
110 IQ
bud and btw, could you help me out changing my avatar? I did change the "profile picture" but as I can see these are different things. Where to look?? >_>
thanx