Reddaz
502 IQ
I'm trying to find a relatively inexpensive 2-button footswitch for a Peavey 6505 Head I got 2nd hand a while back, but they're pretty much non existent in the UK and postage is £20-£30 from the US.
I was wondering if the footswitch for a Peavey Bandit or Deltablues or the one for a Peavey Valveking would work? They're cosmetically exactly the same and quite cheap and readily available in the UK!

Peavey Bandit/Deltablues footswitch: [forbidden link]

Peavey Valveking footswitch: [forbidden link]

Please note, I'm after the 2-button footswitch for a 6505, NOT the 3-button footswitch for a 6505+.
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
I think just any standard 2 button will work just fine.

If it was the plus model as you know that would be a different story.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
AndyGray
UG Addict
1,267 IQ
Any stereo footswitch should work. I would avoid the valveking one as it's very very poor quality. I've had to take a soldering iron to mine twice.
Reddaz
502 IQ
Thanks guys, bought 1 and saved a few quid!

Quote by AndyGray
Any stereo footswitch should work. I would avoid the valveking one as it's very very poor quality. I've had to take a soldering iron to mine twice.

Now I originally thought this but one I had for a Marshall didn't work, suppose it should be OK if it's the same breed as the amp!

Edit: The cheapest 2-button Peavey footswitch I could find in the UK works perfectly, a real money saver for any UK guitarists who stumble across a 6505 cheap!
Last edited by Reddaz at Apr 5, 2013,