tas38
UG's Michael Westen
1,189 IQ
I hope you guys can help out, I had a Fender Hippie Blue Strat. They were a limited edition run of MIK Strats in 2004-5. They just had a bridge HB and a neck SC, no mid pup. I really loved the neck single coil, and I'd like to look into buying one for my new guitar. Since they're made in Korea and when new were similarly priced to a MIM, I doubt it's really anything special, but I don't know much about pickups.

The pickup was very warm, and incredibly bassy. It had a pretty quacky sound, and most importantly to me, it had TONS of bite when playing leads. I believe it was some type of noiseless single coil, the noise difference from the humbucker to the single coil was virtually non-existent. The pole pieces were staggered.

http://proplugin.com/fender-tie-dye-strat-hippie-blue.pro
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
It was a Fender Noiseless single coil, but it was wound to different specifications than the usual model. Fender sometimes used non-standard pickups in their MIK guitars and basses. Sorry, I don't know if that pickup had a specific model number. Your best bet would be to contact Fender's customer service and see if they can provide more information. You could also try a guitar with stock Fender Noiseless single coils in it and see if they measure up for you.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
1,189 IQ
Thank you very much. I was listening to some Fender noiseless single coil pups on YT earlier today and noticed they were very similar sounding.

Just curious, how did you find this out?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Last edited by tas38 at Mar 28, 2013,