Hello!
I remember having played a Parker guitar with locking tuners, H-S-S*DiMarzio pickups, a piezo and carbon fibre fretboard. Now I found that the P-38 model matches exactly in pictures and looks the same but there is a big price difference compared to the other one (p-38 was cheaper) Also the p-38 manual speaks differently about the materials.
Does anyone knows the model of that guitar, or if the p-38 is a light version of another one i dont know, or even if it's all about the same guitar? Please help! Any info will be appreciated.
Big thanks!!!
Last edited by amagras at Apr 1, 2013,
Was it the Parker Fly? My friend has one, but I don't remember the model. Ugly as hell, but amazing to play
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've only seen the Parker p-38 in pictures and looks identical to the one I played but the specs don't match, specially the carbon fiber fretboard. I was looking pictures of the Parker Fly on google and i couldn't find any with the pickguard. Great guitars indeed
Sounds like an older NiteFly. Does it look something like this?

Last edited by mattrusso at Apr 1, 2013,
Quote by mattrusso
Sounds like an older NiteFly. Does it look something like this?

(Invalid img)

Yes!!! Thanks sooo much, you are great guys!!! I wish I could have one of these!!! What are the specs and the model for this beauty?
Quote by amagras
Yes man!!! The image is small but yes!

Fixed it with a better picture. Can't say enough good about these guitars. I've had 2 of them and they're both some of the most well-built guitars I've ever played. Ever since Washburn took over around 2005, Parker has been kinda going downhill, but the pre-buyout instruments are absolutely incredible. I also prefer the NiteFly neck setup (bolt-on and thick) to the Fly, (neck-through and thin) which also has definitely worked out for me financially. You can usually get these for between $600 and $800 used. The best part is that they completely blow the new, $4000+ Flys out of the water.

Quote by amagras
Yes!!! Thanks sooo much, you are great guys!!! I wish I could have one of these!!! What are the specs and the model for this beauty?

That one is the NiteFly SA, but there are a bunch of different models floating around. I've personally owned the NiteFly M and the MidiFly (NiteFly with MIDI connectivity). Specs for most of these models are available online.
Last edited by mattrusso at Apr 1, 2013,
What else can I ask for!! Thank yo so much guys!!! If anyone is interested in selling one, please contact.
Last edited by amagras at Apr 2, 2013,
Try the Parker Forums, great bunch of guys over there. The Nitefly's are discontinued though so i doubt you will ever find a new one.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
They still make a NiteFly model, but it has been redesigned. http://www.parkerguitars.com/NF-Radial-Neck-Joint-Models/

All of the HSS Parkers are in the MaxxFly model line now.
http://www.parkerguitars.com/MaxxFly-Models/
http://www.parkerguitars.com/MaxxFly-Radial-Neck-Joint-Models/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 2, 2013,
^New Parkers are lame IMO. No "carbon glass" fingerboard, no conical compound radius, different neck profile, ugly body/headstock redesign on Fly/NiteFly, stupid looking (and unnecessary) new models. Plus a lot of them have the JB/Jazz combo, which I hate. The guitars they put out now really have almost nothing in common (besides the floating bridge setup, which is actually an amazing system, and basic body/headstock shape) with the older ones. It's kind of sad. And on top of everything else, they're STUPIDLY overpriced.
Last edited by mattrusso at Apr 3, 2013,
I DO prefer the older ones- for many of the reasons you point out- so I'm not buying any right now. I am very patient.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
What about the MIDIFly? It could be one of my choices since it's body and shape are, apparently, like the NiteFly SA. Am I right?
Last edited by amagras at Apr 29, 2013,
I recently was lucky enough to buy a real parker fly (made before the company was sold) its the most amazing guitar I have ever played or heard. It's truly a work of art.