Yeah sure the floating bridge was cool for a while but day by day this POS got worse and worse (terrible intonation, locking screws were deteriorating, strings snapping and the tuning stability generally kept getting worse ). Serves me right for buying a crappy quality floyd equipped guitar I guess . That said the maintenance involved and the fact that I couldn't change tunings without getting raped wasn't worth it in the end. hell I didn't even use the damn whammy bar all that much either.

Anyway here is a non-permanent cheap way to block a cheap guitar: certified by a terrible soon to be engineer.
The battery may or may not leak but at this point but it can't be any worse than all the shit I had to deal with

The bridge is nice and flat

My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
Last edited by arabmetallion at Apr 3, 2013,
Hmm. weird.

Finally picked up my rg1570 after 6 months of it sitting in its case. Near perfect tuning.

Gotta love dat edge pro quality.
Quote by archenemyfan
Hmm. weird.

Finally picked up my rg1570 after 6 months of it sitting in its case. Near perfect tuning.

Gotta love dat edge pro quality.

When I first got it and set it up it was fine. I was really happy with the tuning stability, even when going Kerry-king on the bar it stayed in perfect tune. Just goes to show you that quality is crucial with mechanisms like this. I could probably replace some of the screws and saddles with some better quality parts but the bridge is very stable now and it just sounds allot better .
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
Quote by arabmetallion
When I first got it and set it up it was fine. I was really happy with the tuning stability, even when going Kerry-king on the bar it stayed in perfect tune. Just goes to show you that quality is crucial with mechanisms like this. I could probably replace some of the screws and saddles with some better quality parts but the bridge is very stable now and it just sounds allot better .

Hmmm. tbh you'd be much better off investing on a block on a ~1" thick block of wood rather than a battery. Stuff should be dirt cheap or if you scavenge you should be able to find some for free as well.
Quote by archenemyfan
Hmmm. tbh you'd be much better off investing on a block on a ~1" thick block of wood rather than a battery. Stuff should be dirt cheap or if you scavenge you should be able to find some for free as well.

I used the battery for convenience really, it fit perfectly out of pure luck. But you're probably right tough and I might end up doing just that.
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
I got free wood from Lowes to block the trem in my RG320. Just go to whatever equivalent you have and ask for scraps.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I wouldn't go with paper as it would dampen the vibration transferred to the block. Best is still two fitted wooden block on each side. Or an Tremol-no or something similar.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R