Hey guys, So my brother is building me a V and I'm trying to decide on a bridge, I've been thinking about putting a roller bridge on it. I know that roller bridges are normally used on bigsbys but I thought I'd try it.
My first question is would there be any problem with putting a roller bridge on a guitar that is string through?

My second question is about the brand.
I was looking at this one
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Brass-Roller-Bridge-Locking-Studs-in-Black_p_867.html

But I was wondering if there were any companies that make these at a higher quality or if there are any better ones.
Thanks.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
I've got one of those bridges, it's pretty decent. Took a little filing before it would fit though, there was something in the post holes on the bridge itself that had to be removed, and it was still a tight fit. But it's worked great once I got it on.

Presumably it'll work on anything that has a Gibson style bridge in the correct dimensions.
Well it's a guitar that's being build currently so fitting won't be a problem, thanks though.

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
I don't mean to sound too negative, but I've had one of those and I'm not too keen on it. The studs on mine aren't a great fit into the bridge, so they're a pain to adjust in-situ, and the unit doesn't look that smart when it's installed. In retrospect, I would have rather bought a Tune-O-Matic with roller saddles.
Ok thanks. Good looks is actually a big part of this guitar so if it doesn't make that much difference comfortwise and soundwise then i may as well go TOM

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud