BaDG0oD
1,475 IQ
Hi,
I need help with neckpocket and heel installation.
I need to drill holes in them, and i dont know, how it should be done,
I made some picture to explain.

How should screw-thread go through the guitar body, should it go without touching wood, or it must be screwed in IN GUITAR BODY AND NECK HEEL???

Which one is right?

W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
It doesn't need to thread into the guitar body, just the neck. You can do it either way, but it's way harder to get the neck flush and tight against the body if you have to screw into the body first. You'd have to clamp the neck to the pocket. For this reason, I make the holes in the body big enough so the screws won't thread in the body.
BaDG0oD
1,475 IQ
Quote by W4RP1G
It doesn't need to thread into the guitar body, just the neck. You can do it either way, but it's way harder to get the neck flush and tight against the body if you have to screw into the body first. You'd have to clamp the neck to the pocket. For this reason, I make the holes in the body big enough so the screws won't thread in the body.

Like on picture 2. right?
But will neck stay in place and dont move in the pocket?
mtshark
is the bees knees
1,497 IQ
Picture 2 is correct. Think of it like this: You're using the screws to clamp down the guitar body between the neck and the neck plate.
I pride myself on my humility.
BaDG0oD
1,475 IQ
Oh, thats what i wanted to know! Thanks for anwers!
Guitbuilder
98 IQ
Drilling oversized holes in the body will also allow right to left adjustment of the neck so the strings can align properly to the fretboard.