I'm SURE this topic has been killed over and over. However I wish to pare down the list a bit with some additional information.

I can sing pretty well, so more vocally difficult songs aren't really an issue. I like singing lots of John Mayerish/bluesy stuff.

I can play more complex chords relatively fine with a bit of practice (which I'd obviously take care of before singing and playing...)

I do however, struggle with difficult rhythm/odd syncopation while singing. Not sure what's wrong with me, and I've been working on it, but it's a slow road.

All that said, what are some not insanely sappy songs that don't depend on a complex rhythm to sound "right"?

Thanks folks!
Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional

Don't even look for a better song to play and sing around females. It doesn't exist.
Spanish Romance, every time i play it the ladies ask, "How long have you been playing, that sounded fantastic". It definitely is not complex as far as classical guitar/fingerstyle goes; so you should be fine learning it.

But then again it really depends on who you are trying to impress.
Quote by stealthpumpkin
Spanish Romance, every time i play it the ladies ask, "How long have you been playing, that sounded fantastic". It definitely is not complex as far as classical guitar/fingerstyle goes; so you should be fine learning it.

But then again it really depends on who you are trying to impress.

This. Bar a couple of stretches it's incredibly easy to play, and pretty. What I would suggest is Motherpluckr's version of You've Got A Friend In Me, which is always a crowd pleaser. Bit of a toughie to play at first but once you get hold of it it's very impressive.