Page 2 of 2
JackSaints
Titleless Peasant
213 IQ
I use drop A tuning on a stock Washburn RX50.
Is that weird?
I know a lot of people object to using extreme tunings on a 6 string.
pbiggie
UG's Ground gym leader
326 IQ
Quote by JackSaints
Is that weird?

I love bands that do that.

Floor are a great example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm2-cuqpfA4
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
zilant
2,245 IQ
Quote by JackSaints
Is that weird?

Riffs sounds different depending on what your playing out of. There are riffs that I've written on a 6 string in B standard that just don't translate well to a 7 string in B standard. The dynamics are too different.
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son
2,227 IQ
I pretty much refuse to use ceramic magnet pickups, even though I play modern metal almost exclusively.

That's the weirdest thing I can come up with. In general I prefer my sound to be more similar to a super saturated shred tone vs. a tight modern metal tone, but my rig doesn't really reflect that
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Quote by dementiacaptain
I pretty much refuse to use ceramic magnet pickups, even though I play modern metal almost exclusively.

That's the weirdest thing I can come up with. In general I prefer my sound to be more similar to a super saturated shred tone vs. a tight modern metal tone, but my rig doesn't really reflect that

you know what you made me realize all my guitars are Alnico V magnet pickups, and I really like them, organic is all I can say
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,127 IQ
^ See, I refuse to use A5 magnets. I always use either Ceramic bridge and A8 neck or A2 bridge and A4 neck. You'd think since I play the most middle-of-the-road music that A5 would be the perfect blend, but nope.

But I also think overwound single coils/P-90s are the best bridge pickup, humbuckers are the only thing I'll use at the neck and my neck pickups are always 2-3 times the output of my bridge pickups. HSS is crazy to me.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
l3p4rd
ponx
259 IQ
Quote by AndyGray
The telecaster's becoming more and more popular for hardcore. I once saw a doom/death satanic hardcore band use an American tele into a Vox AC30. Sounded unreal to be fair.

I agree with that, plus my tele is basically a les paul (HH config). My amp choices still make no sense.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120