Page 100 of 100
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Niiiiiiice. I love the little blue bursts in the background. I got really into those for a while when I was still working at the shop and drawing up flash.

The real question is whats in all the jars? Because my sugar-geared brain sees 3 kinds of jam, a marmalade, and relish.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^^ Nice

So I finally was in a guitar shop for the first time yesterday in ages. Didn't try anything, but I was a bit miffed that they had one 5 string bass. I don't even know what it was- the shop sticker wasn't on it and it was on a high hanger at such an angle that I couldn't see the headstock But yeah, that was a fairly big guitar chain shop in a fairly big city. They didn't have many 4 strings either (about 10-15 I think), but I thought only having one 5 string was pretty poor. EDIT: Actually I think they had that fender (or maybe squier, I didn't look too closely) Bass VI as well.

Quote by dark Mass
It's a compact fluorescence lamp or CFL.

woops, i missed this somehow when you first posted this Thanks
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 17, 2016,
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
So I finally was in a guitar shop for the first time yesterday in ages. Didn't try anything, but I was a bit miffed that they had one 5 string bass.

Bass guitars in any shop without the word 'bass' in their name are usually an afterthought. Usually its the same old Fenders, Gibson and Ibanezes but always the least interesting models. You'll get entire walls of MIM Precision Basses, SR500s and Epiphone Thunderbirds. Used to see a lot of Warwicks but then they changed the terms for their vendors and pretty much disappeared in the UK.

In other news, I've switched from Guitar Rig 5 to Mark Studio 2 and its fackin' gr8, m8.
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Quote by Spaz91
Used to see a lot of Warwicks but then they changed the terms for their vendors and pretty much disappeared in the UK.

They're harder to find over here now too. Especially with BassNW closed there's not much unless you get lucky and find a used Vette or Rockbass hanging on a GC wall.

Hell I got way way too excited the last time I saw a Cort Curbow hanging up in a shop. Never mind that there was only one functioning bass amp in the whole store to plug into.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Yeah I think that shop, before it was bought out by said chain, actually was a pretty big warwick dealer. But I didn't play bass then.

I could be wrong but I don't think there's a single bass-only music shop in Northern Ireland, and probably the Republic as well.

And yeah pretty much, spaz- they had a bunch of Fenders, Squiers and Epiphones- they didn't even have the SR500, they had an SR300 though.

I think I identified the 5 string, too- Tobias Toby Deluxe V. I'm actually thinking I maybe should have tried it because apparently it's meant to be pretty light (and I find 4 strings heavy enough ).

EDIT: ^ I don't remember much about what bass amps they had, but I don't remember seeing anything too exciting- Fender Rumbles I think, though they may have had more. I don't remember seeing any pedals (guitar or bass) so I'm guessing I probably missed some other stuff too

Even the guitar amps were pretty much the standard stuff which sells (and even the guitars, though a pretty decent selection of more expensive guitars, to be fair, just very much the more popular Fender and Gibson models). I suppose you can't blame them for stocking what sells, but it's nice to get to try something a bit more obscure once in a while.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 20, 2016,
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
It's £270/$400US. It's going on the Christmas list.

Apparently it's a full scale bass but much lighter than your usual P bass and the pickup is just under a centimetre closer to the neck. I'm thinking its a perfect thumpy bass, even though its being marketed for punk.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Feb 24, 2016,
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
I'd be interested if I had a whole bunch of really rad stickers to put all over it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
I'd love one, but if I buy another bass, I'm sleeping on the couch.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by anarkee
It looks a bit Danolelectic-ish. I love the look

that's what i was going to say (except I'm not really sold on the looks )
Quote by classicrocker01

Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Quote by anarkee
I'd love one, but if I buy another bass, I'm sleeping on the couch.

Ask the grand total cost of his drumkit.
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Quote by Spaz91
Ask the grand total cost of his drumkit.

I know. I tell him constantly two of his cymbals = the cost of my lower end bass lol
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Quote by anarkee
I know. I tell him constantly two of his cymbals = the cost of my lower end bass lol

Sell 'em. Buy more basses.

Accidentally got into the tone/wood debate on youtube.

Somebody is wrong on the internet.
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Mr Tam gifted me a Moog Theramini for my birthday. My year is complete
smb
2,006 IQ
Learned anything good on it yet?

I had a friend who had a couple of them permanently in pieces, I think he was trying to connect them to his XBox and use them as a controller
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
That is cool! I finally got an adapter to set it up on a mic stand. You have to watch where you set it up because metal and other items can interfere with the signal. Since its raining buckets this week, I'm going to have some quality time to see if I can get some semblance of music out of it!
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
It is f@cking official! No one - repeat; no one - should be able to get pneumonia three f@cking times in a row!!!

I now know what a zombie feels like, as I have spent the last few months in a sort of living death.

On a more positive note: Acoustic's new bass amps look pretty cool, and they come with neodymium speakers.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Quote by anarkee
Glad to see you back and healthier!

Thanks, but I still feel like crap and I am hacking up God knows what. Mornings are hell.

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
MasterStohner
81 IQ
I was just wondering if this thing could be tuned or modified into a somewhat accurate bass. The nylon strings make me skeptical.

MLP mini 4-string

EDIT: Someone set me straight in the MLP thread.
Last edited by MasterStohner at Apr 3, 2016,
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
My Little Pony tends to generate some pretty homicidal responses around here. We'd hate to have someone want to kill you when you just got here.

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Spaz91
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
If you want to go in that direction, just buy a damn Daisy rock bass and be done with it.
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Ok, no one else key to the history of modern rock music is allowed to die. We've reached our limit as of today
matt-attack
445 IQ
Sam Ash has the hydrive 1x12 cabs on sale for some reason. So I bought 2. They are listed as out of stock but on order. Hopefully I will actually get some at this steal of a price.

Wish me luck.
paulmoody123
34 IQ
Hey Guys,
Any bassists here from Chicago who would want to jam and possibly join a folkrock/americana project??? If so I can send you a link to my music... For some reason a good dedicated bassist is like trying to find a unicorn for me, and think bass is HUGELY important, but everyone plays the freaking guitar. (if this counts as spam please forgive me)
matt-attack
445 IQ

They came in. This stack makes my wall look empty but the tone is fantastic. Now I'm gassing for a new head since the stack can handle 600 watts.
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Very nice!

Sorry for the absence, I've been "off the grid" for a bit and the site is now blocked at work due to music streaming. So I'll try to check in more in the morning and evenings on reported posts etc.
smb
2,006 IQ
Did you get it? £1100 seems very reasonable!
romeozdistress
2,590 IQ
Loving these emg gzr p pickups
Fender American Special Stratocaster (EMG KH20)
Ibanez VBT700
Randall Diavlo RD5H
Peavey Vypyr 112 (WGS Veteran 30)
Boss SD1
Big Muff Pi

Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass (EMG GZR)
Ampeg 108B