Hi, I'm desperately trying to find out what the stock string gauge is on the BC rich jrv 7 (NOT THE HARDTAIL VERSION) and i haven't had any luck... the BC Rich customer support seems to have something against replying to tickets so i was wondering if anyone who had the guitar could tell me what gauge it shipped with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also so that we are clear i am not asking for anyone's opinion on the guitar or the brand, if u don't have a helpful answer on the question please don't reply. thanks
Why does it really matter, put what you feel most comfortable using on it. My bet is on 10-60 or 10-62 though.
The thing is that i dont really want to have to adjust the floyd rose when i re-string it and because i dont live in the USA my brother who is in atlana at the moment is bringing it with him and i want him to bring spare strings too so i need to know what gauge is on it to begin with. Also if anyone knows for sure of a soft or hard shell case that definitely fits the guitar besides the bc rich universal bag please let me know.
ok thanks I'll look into it. I am still stuck on the string gauge front
I would be willing to put money on it being a standard 7 string set of 9s, so it would be 9-56.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
How are you so sure about this ? Even though you may be " I would be willing to put money" i actually would be paying money so i need to know for sure.
Quote by FLuX25
How are you so sure about this ? Even though you may be " I would be willing to put money" i actually would be paying money so i need to know for sure.

Almost every single 7 string I can think of with the same scale length is strung with that set as stock.

And come on, it's what $6? It's not like you're restringing a 6 string bass or even something like a double bass, those fuckers are expensive.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
The problem is i live in a **** ******ed country where nobody stocks sets of 7 strings which is why my brother is bringing me back spares when he comes back from Atlanta next month..... so if i dont get them now i wait until december. which is why it is a big deal that i get the correct gauge.
Just learn how to adjust the floyd rose and get what you feel most comfortable with, if you have a floyd rose bridge and can't adjust it you made a silly investment.

Youtube has tons of tutorials it only takes 30-40 minutes the first couple of times and its good practice.
Any chance anybody who has the guitar could send me a pic of the neck from the side so i can see how thin it is?
Quote by KillerLolrus
Just learn how to adjust the floyd rose and get what you feel most comfortable with, if you have a floyd rose bridge and can't adjust it you made a silly investment.

Youtube has tons of tutorials it only takes 30-40 minutes the first couple of times and its good practice.

+1

You have an FR, you need to learn how it works. Once you understand the physics of it, it's very simple. It's just a balancing act.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah i will learn how to adjust it but I'd rather spend my first few months with it just enjoying the new guitar rather than worrying about that sort of stuff.
Few months is a long time, it'll literally take you maybe one extra set of strings and a couple hours to learn. You'll thank yourself when you have the knowledge to align your strings perfectly.