Page 85 of 85
Quote by sam b
..said as if I'm a Finn

Quote by Carnivean
Then why does your location say Finland?

Quote by sam b

Wow

Quote by Carnivean
Can you not answer the question? It says Finland does it not?

Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't know what this means, but it has the cadence of something bad.

I think he wants to exile terrorists to San Francisco.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Dreadnought
Murdering unarmed civilians is cowardly no matter how you look at it

Agreed.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Dreadnought
Murdering unarmed civilians is cowardly no matter how you look at it

obviously depends on what you mean by murder
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
obviously depends on what you mean by murder

Not really. There are established definitions for "murder."

Substitute "killing" in there if you prefer it
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Jihad is so misunderstood. America is always misconstruing it as the reason Muslim extremists attack everyone. It is the reason but it's because they're ****ing crazy. It's not a holy war. It's a struggle. From my understanding it's their struggle to resist sin and spread what they believe to be true and not through violence. It's no different than other common religions.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Jihad is so misunderstood. America is always misconstruing it as the reason Muslim extremists attack everyone. It is the reason but it's because they're ****ing crazy. It's not a holy war. It's a struggle. From my understanding it's their struggle to resist sin and spread what they believe to be true and not through violence. It's no different than other common religions.

There are literally dozens of definitions and understandings of that word. No wonder thousands use it to harm others.
Quote by MediaMate1
There are literally dozens of definitions and understandings of that word. No wonder thousands use it to harm others.

But anyone who supports reading up on it a little bit is a terrorism supporter. I Googled a little to get a basic understanding of Islam and went over pieces of the Quran in a world literature class and it's crazy how new the information was. I know very educated people who buy into the idea that Muslims are all about murdering nonbelievers.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
But anyone who supports reading up on it a little bit is a terrorism supporter. I Googled a little to get a basic understanding of Islam and went over pieces of the Quran in a world literature class and it's crazy how new the information was. I know very educated people who buy into the idea that Muslims are all about murdering nonbelievers.

Yeah, they're of course not all about murdering western people or non believers, but honestly, its sad though, cuz even when they're not doing it, much of the Muslim world smiles subtly when terrorists attack western societies. It's like they like it. I'm not saying all, but its true that much of that part of the world secretly supports terrorists without actually becoming one.
Quote by MediaMate1
Yeah, they're of course not all about murdering western people or non believers, but honestly, its sad though, cuz even when they're not doing it, much of the Muslim world smiles subtly when terrorists attack western societies. It's like they like it. I'm not saying all, but its true that much of that part of the world secretly supports terrorists without actually becoming one.

I know a lot of Christians that openly support the death of anyone from the Middle East. Stupid people are everywhere.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I know a lot of Christians that openly support the death of anyone from the Middle East. Stupid people are everywhere.

This is true, but entire regions/counties are anti-western over there. It's like a cancer that runs through society. Not so much over here. Definitely not equal comparison.
Quote by MediaMate1
This is true, but entire regions/counties are anti-western over there. It's like a cancer that runs through society. Not so much over here. Definitely not equal comparison.

How did you gain this knowledge about a different culture that I assume you aren't part of?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger

I'm not well educated in Islam, so please read my opinion with that in mind.

The problem seems to be that Islam is catalytic in motivating disaffected young men and sometimes women into expressing political and personal problems violently. Islam might not be the cause, but it is something through which political and sociological concerns are expressed, sometimes violently.

Further, there seems to be widespread approval, or indifference in middle-eastern contries.

Recent (2009) polls show a disparity of views regarding terrorism, with between 15% and 30% of respondents in most Muslim countries surveyed holding a positive view (see [6] for the complete results) on various related issues. An average of 30% of respondents in Indonesia, Egypt, Pakistan and Morocco held positive views of groups that launch attacks against Americans, while similar numbers held a negative view or a neutral view. With regards specifically to al-Qaeda, in Egypt, 21% of respondents supported their attacks on Americans, while 33% opposed attacks on Americans but supported al-Qaeda's goals and 28% opposed both al-Qaeda's attacks and goals; the remainder held no strong opinion. These numbers were 9%, 19%, and 22% respectively in Indonesia; 16%, 15%, and 22% in Pakistan; and 9%, 31%, and 26% in Morocco. With regards to feelings about the former al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, Muslims tended to show even stronger support. In Egypt, 44% held positive feelings, 25% held mixed feelings, and 17% held negative feelings. These numbers were 14%, 21%, and 26% respectively in Indonesia; 25%, 26%, and 15% for Pakistan; 27%, 26%, and 21% for Morocco; 56%, 22%, and 20% for the Palestinian Territories; 27%, 27%, and 20% for Jordan; 9%, 9%, and 68% for Turkey; and 4%, 6%, and 82% for Azerbaijan. Related to this trend is widespread denial of al-Qaeda's role in such attacks as those of September 11 in the United States. Majorities in Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Turkey, and Jordan did not believe that al-Qaeda was behind the attacks, naming the United States government or Israel as more likely culprits.
Quote by BladeSlinger
How did you gain this knowledge about a different culture that I assume you aren't part of?

I've read some things. Never actually have been there, no. Buts its also common knowledge that anti-western sentiment runs rampant through that part of the world, especially in the last 4-5 years.
I would see it in the same way I see the Christians in the U.S. that are pro-war, pro-death penalty, against caring for the poor, etc. Being a part of a religion has become divorced from the actual ideology of that religion. You can be a Christian that breaks a lot of rules in the modern world just like you can be a Jew who shaves or a Muslim who doesn't wear a headscarf. Modernity has this possible. Islam itself is a pretty peaceful religion but that doesn't mean follows of Islam actually practice that teaching.

This is the stuff that makes me discredit religious belief as evidence for moral fiber. Modern religion is not tied to its teaching, only associated.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
3 more suspects in custody
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO