Volcz
VCA '18
2,428 IQ
Anyone had any experience with this? It seems to be widely loved and affordable. I was thinking of going for it. I could also go for a Cole Clark FL1 if I find one for under 1k.

So is this Martin actually good, or are people hyping over it because of the name?
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Volcz
VCA '18
2,428 IQ
BTW, I don't know if the Martin comes in both and acoustic-electric and just normal acoustic version, but I will be opting for the acoustic-electric one.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
g1jammer
Rusted
39 IQ
I had one a while back before I sold on to a friend. Personally I liked the tone and playability and only sold because I upgraded to a D18. I am always surprised at how good it sounds when I play it at my friends. Generally it gets criticised by some for being predominantly made of HPL but I didn't find that to be a problem, although it did make it a bit on the heavy side.
patticake
Acoustic Goddess
2,885 IQ
if i had the choice between a DX1 and a cole clark FL1, i wouldn't hesitate - i'd get the FL1. you can't beat all solid wood for resonancem and cole clarks sound great. the DX1 isn't bad for a solid top, and it has more bass than some of its competitors. it wouldn't be the guitar for me, but it's not bad.

after talking to people who own martin X series guitars, i'd say that there's a combination of wanting to own a martin and the fact the guitars aren't bad. they don't, however, sound like the iconic martins that make everyone want a martin.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!