So i'm pretty new to the technique of rasgueado and flamenco techniques in general but my question is..
Well actually i have two but my first is..

Should i use all 4 strumming hand fingers when playing? I find it a lot easier with just the 3 fingers (excluding pinky). I tried with my pinky and i can't get that nice sort of "flow" going like i can with 3 fingers.

Second question..

If tremolo picking one string over and over for instance, how do i do it? It can't be the same rasgueado technique can it? Once i use all 4 of my fingers it's like.. how do i keep that same constant sound going? I don't know it just can't be rasgueado? Any advice on that would be great!

Thanks in advance
Last edited by vayne92 at Apr 23, 2013,
Rasgueado is done with your IM and A fingers. So, the pink is excluded. The same applies to trem. A trem is done by cycling through the fingers. So, P,A,M,I - P,A,M,I etc
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
well actually it can be done both ways, a 3-finger rasgeado or a 4-finger rasgeado, the main difference is that when using 3 fingers you tuck them behind your thumb and with 4 you use your palm. but yeah just go with the one you're most comfortable with, try looking at lessons by graf martinez.

tremolo picking can be done with 3 fingers but it's usually done with a technique called "picado" which is just 2: I and M.

also for tremolo picking chords there's a different technique called "abanico".