Hey guys,
my parents said if I get an A on both my Geography and French exams, they'd buy me a Les Paul of my choice. I'm torn between two... which do you guys think looks better the Apline one or Cherry Sunburst?
Cheers guys :P
DAMN you got some cool parents! I'm a sucker for the cherry sunburst but the white is very sleek and clean looking. I'd opt for the burst but it's really your own preference.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Erm... What LP are we talking about? I can't think of a model that has both alpine white and cherry sunburst as finishes, so I'm going to guess they are different models?

EDIT: Oh, unless they are tribute models?
It depends on the model, really, Alpine white customs or studios are great looking, but the Tribute alpine white looks like an albino sheep...
Que gives a shit?

Buy a Gold Top traditional.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If you're looking at Alpine White's, which are classy as hell, it's either gunna be a Custom which will set you back £2500 for a new one at least or a studio, which will be between £700 - £1000 depending on the year.

Basically, it doesn't matter what the colour is. It's how it plays and how it sounds that matters. Go on that, not the colour.
Unless you can't stand a heavy guitar, get a Traditional, as Tom and Chris already said. They're wonderful guitars if they suit you.
You sure you parents mean a real Les Paul or just Les Paul-ish?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
You sure you parents mean a real Les Paul or just Les Paul-ish?

Please answer this.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
*got a B+*

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by gregs1020
anything but clownburst.

+1
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

There are sooo many variations of the Les Paul. But if they do really mean ANY LP of your choice, get a custom shop R9 haha
Quote by Tom 1.0
Que gives a shit?

Buy a Gold Top traditional.

+4 or 5 whatever number its been plused to now. As an owner of a Traditional all I can say is its like guitar sex in my hands whenever I want to hold it, its the type of guitar that when I am at work I think about playing it, seriously nice beast. Don't go by online pictures either when selecting a finish they look completely different in picture and in real life, I bought my Trad to make a tibute guitar to Jimmy Page, and from online pictures I thought honeyburst was too light, but when I saw it in the store I knew it was the closest I could get.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
I like how everyone's telling him to get a gibson, I doubt his parents know about guitars or know how much a REAL gibson is worth ( unless his parents are rich then its not a problem ) so they probably only ment a "les paul shape guitar"
Quote by gregs1020
even better, get an MIJ tokai, bacchus, burny, edwards, orville by gibson...

Or a Gibson Les Paul Traditional.
Quote by gregs1020
Agile.

I have/had 5 agiles ... and beside my 3200-slim which i love to death , the 3100 , 3010 doesnt come close to my 2001 -gibson les paul standard . im no gibson fan boy , in fact their quite expensive

agile are very hit or miss , there good for the price , but most of them doesnt match higher end guitar . ive had a few and most are for sell now cause i couldnt use to them . im keeping my 3200 slim which is simply great ,

but i wouldnt say any of the agile ive owned blew away the 1994 les paul standard i had and the 2001 les paul standard i have now .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by flexiblemile
Si tu veux, je fais tes examens pour toi et tu me donne ta vieille guitare

I was gonna rip you a new one on the first half, then I realized you were right. DAMMIT, I wanna be a french-grammar nazi! D:

OT: I don't know, but your parents kick ass!
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Inb4 Epi Special II
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.