Poll: Did Hyundai go too far?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did Hyundai go too far?
Yes
19 23%
No
41 51%
I'm a fairy unicorn
21 26%
Voters: 81.
Page 2 of 2
Wormholes
Banned
110 IQ
A women would be the cause of all this.... I knew someone who got in a car accident, so take ALL automobile adverts off the telly. Oh and my uncle died from cancer. So they must take all adverts for anything cancer/healthcare related. Shit rustles my ****.
Last edited by Wormholes at Apr 25, 2013,
Bazz22
246 IQ
Quote by wolvesofmibu
It's not their responsibility to include a support line, in my opinion.

As someone who has battled for a very long time with anxiety and depression, I wasn't offended in the least by this ad; quite the opposite - I loved it. People are far too easy to offend, and the level of political correctness demanded by the offended is ridiculous.

Agreed, especially with that last sentence.
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
out of all people i would know depression too huh? i know it does, i are mind and brain genius. irrational thinking isnt an excuse for killing yourself though. to kill your own body your brain has to be broken. its completely illogical.
i bet he ****ed some other chick, and couldnt live with it, maybe someone raped him, or his mom, or his wife, or his kids, whatever it is, the rest of his family could deal with it and help him make it thru it. life offers a lot of things, more than god can offer you. theres no reason to be dead. its really anti productive IMO. out of all the days iv wanted to run and jump out my window i always said no because i knew il be fine, because this has happened before and in order for me to be in the same situation again i would have to had survived it before, so i can do it again and grow strong and get thru my problems. this man, and everyone else who kills themselves are pussies.

i was going to make a really long response to this. all's i'm going to say is yeah, you know you're gonna be fine, but the real question is how long's it gonna last when you are. it's gonna come again (in a lot of cases), and some people's experiences are unlike yours in the way that the feeling, whether it be guilt, hate, frustration, etc. can be beyond rationalization to the point of delusion.

etc. etc. etc.
WaterGod
BernieBro
541 IQ
I don't really know what demographic they're trying to appeal to.
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
They may have gone too far, but they have the right to. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a hater of freedom (and I mean this seriously).

Just posted a comment on the website where everyone is going crazy, I think it was pretty good and it wasn't trolling, so let's see what happens
Last edited by macashmack at Apr 25, 2013,
GoodnightHero
Milo
409 IQ
on this website? of course not. in real life, yeah probably. everywhere else, im a fairy unicorn.
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
they should have one where a person is driving their kids to school but no one wears seatbelts and they die, but then it's like "and thats what would have happened if we didnt have this new car"
TLH1990
10 IQ
Quote by primusfan
I'm a Hyundai owner with a history of anxiety/depression.

Thumbs up from me.

Same here, mah nigga! dear, fellow human being, with whom I have shared similar life experiences of a dismal nature.

Όποιος γίνεται πρόβατο τον τρώει ο λύκος

Last edited by TLH1990 at Apr 25, 2013,
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
tasteless and inappropriate. it's so obviously offensive to so many people.
i don't know why i feel so dry
BottleOfSmoke
Ritual Killer
337 IQ
I don't find this offensive personally, but I can see why some people would. My real question is.... Why would you try to sell your product by associating it with suicide? That just doesn't seem terribly brilliant.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
WaterGod
BernieBro
541 IQ
I'm still trying to figure out why this would make you want to buy a Hyundai...
RealUnrealRob
Lazy Physicist
235 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
If people get offended by adverts then they need to rethink their life.

If this were an advert based on most other topics, I'd agree. But basing a commercial off of suicide is a terrible decision. They should have known that people who have lost family members and close friends to suicide, even through that exact method, would see it. It's kind of like making a cancer joke in your commercial. It's clearly going to cause people pain. Whoever put the ad on the air was an asshole.
SpanishYanez
...loading
1,145 IQ
Maybe the woman was offended because the advert was showing a poor representation of America. The fact that the guy has a new Hyundai and is suicidal can only mean one thing, he could not afford to live in today's America with unemployment and so many cluster****s. So his only alternative was to take one last ride in his car but couldn't because the car does not emit dangerous fumes. So because of this, he has to deal with the tyranny that is America. So now he has to find another way to fail at his suicide attempts. Basically it's painting the picture that every new car owner cannot afford their car and will resort to suicide because of the country's downfall.

To be honest I'm a little drunk right now, and this is my drunk ass view on the whole thing.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011

I ONCE HIT A NIGGA SO HARD THAT HE ASKED ME IF MY CAR HAD INSURANCE AND THEN I WAS LIKE "NIGGA I AIN'T HIT YOU WITH NO CAR! I HIT YOU WITH THESE TWO MACK TRUCKS I CALL MY FISTS!"
Seref
Gob****e
688 IQ
People who get offended should be offended as frequently as possible.
RealUnrealRob
Lazy Physicist
235 IQ
And she wasn't "offended". She had a panic attack because it brought her back to the day she lost her father. There's a bit of a difference.
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy
750 IQ
People are too sensitive.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
kertets
Banned
80 IQ
For fuck sake, the worlds panties are so tightly wound these days.
You don't hear the people who committed suicide complaining about the ad.
If you don't like it go suck a tit or something.
/ also pics please.
Last edited by kertets at Apr 26, 2013,
psyks
Pretty thief
725 IQ
Quote by RealUnrealRob
And she wasn't "offended". She had a panic attack because it brought her back to the day she lost her father. There's a bit of a difference.

This.
Each of us a failed state in stark relief
Against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.

My Soundcloud
My music, paino, guitar and otherwise - Updated SOMETIMES

DeviantArt
Please watch, fave and comment
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
Quote by SpanishYanez
Maybe the woman was offended because the advert was showing a poor representation of America. The fact that the guy has a new Hyundai and is suicidal can only mean one thing, he could not afford to live in today's America with unemployment and so many cluster****s. So his only alternative was to take one last ride in his car but couldn't because the car does not emit dangerous fumes. So because of this, he has to deal with the tyranny that is America. So now he has to find another way to fail at his suicide attempts. Basically it's painting the picture that every new car owner cannot afford their car and will resort to suicide because of the country's downfall.

To be honest I'm a little drunk right now, and this is my drunk ass view on the whole thing.

See that dudes house? He also had a brand new 2013 car. I dont think he has money issues.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

desperatechris
Banned
719 IQ
I would be suicidal if i drove a Hyundai, but i drive a Mercedes so Its all good
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Quote by RealUnrealRob

Okay, but what does that mean? Why should anyone care?
spike6599
58 IQ
"My dad never drove a Hyundai."
Well maybe he should have.
Gear:
Ibanez arz400
Jackson dkmg dinky
Laney Ironheart IRT60
Home made 4x12 and 2x12