Hey guys, I'm in the market for a head to go on a Marshall 1960A I'll be buying in a few weeks (before you say anything about not needing a half stack, it's £260 and doesn't have 1 single scratch, even if I don't use it I can flip it).

Moneys starting to come in for my gigs and I'll have about £100GBP for the head, maybe £1200 if it's something really great. New or used is fine, but I can claim my VAT back ona new toy seeing as I'm self employed. Plus I can get warranties and such..
Located in Telford, West Midlands, just above B'ham but I travel a lot so a trip to whatever store in the Uk isn't out of the question, don;t like the sound of buying blind (pardon the pun).

Sound wise I'm really all over the place, I need a bit of everything really from a great clean tone (I favour a darker clean tone, but some times nothing beats a Fender jangle), I'm a big rock and roll, Guns and Roses, Aerosmith fan, I like my quiter rock ala Foos and Wolfmother. And on the odd occasion I like to really pour on the gain (more for lead stuff, Dave Gilmour, Gary Moore, Carlos Santana etc) I also dabble in jazz, soul, funk. So yeah a lot of ground.

I think 50w is proabably the best bet, Power reduction from 100w would suit the bill too, and especially something that can be 50 and lower.

The guitars I currently play are a Fender Road worn 60's strat with noiseless pickups and a Gibson standard with BB pros. Might also play a 72 deluxe tele through it as well.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
You should check out the Marshall JVM series, perhaps the Marshall YJM (basically a plexi with modern features, check it out), maybe even the Marshall AFD100.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
They sound like a good palce tos tart, has anybody played a PRS SE50H?

Also looking at used (obviously) Mesa dual rec and stiletto Deuce II
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I've tried the Stilleto it's a Mesa trying to be a Marshall, I actually thought it was pretty damn good personally. Never been a rectifier fan, though they are certaintly versatile. You might want to check out the Cornford Hellcat, Andertons got a sale on at the moment and are selling them off cheap, worth a look.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Cornford had flown under my radar, will check those out! I like the Mk50.

Would have thought a thread like this would get more replies?
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Woops, wrong thread
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7