baylisslabs
UG Newbie
22 IQ
The following links to a post containing a basic little online app i've made:

http://www.baylisslabs.com/blog/2013/04/29/guitar-notes-and-scales-on-the-fretboard/

Basically it can help you find how the notes are arranged on the fretboard of a guitar in the major and minor diatonic scales. I made it because I was interested in playing scales and basically learning to improvise and find my around the fretboard.
Last edited by baylisslabs at May 2, 2013,
afromoose
65 IQ
Quote by baylisslabs
The following links to a post containing a basic little online app i've made:

http://www.baylisslabs.com/blog/2013/04/29/guitar-notes-and-scales-on-the-fretboard/

Basically it can help you find how the notes are arranged on the fretboard of a guitar in the major and minor diatonic scales. I made it because I was interested in playing scales and basically learning to improvise and find my around the fretboard.

Hey nice app!

Can I ask what you used to code it? Is in PHP? The graphics are lovely.
Luke Mosse Guitar Teacher in Bristol, UK
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
Pretty good. I noticed that when I hover over a note it doesn't show all of the octaves of it all over the fretboard. Another improvement would be getting rid of the sharp/flat symbol option, since the scales are either one or the other. E minor scale with flats doesn't make sense, for example.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
supersac
Tab Contributor
630 IQ
this is pretty good

it would be nice if it highlighted all the octaves of a note you selected it only selects the same note in different positions

and i see why you added the sharp flat option but it could mislead some people using this app to learn scales that theres such a thing a an A# in F major
baylisslabs
UG Newbie
22 IQ
Hey nice app! Can I ask what you used to code it? Is in PHP? The graphics are lovely.

Thanks. The graphic is generated via SVG(Scalable Vector Graphic) the rest is coded in javascript.
Last edited by baylisslabs at May 3, 2013,
baylisslabs
UG Newbie
22 IQ
and i see why you added the sharp flat option but it could mislead some people using this app to learn scales that theres such a thing a an A# in F major

Thanks for pointing that out about the sharp/flat option. It seemed the right thing at the time I need to come up with a better way to do that.
Last edited by baylisslabs at May 3, 2013,