What has Asking Alexandria ever done to deserve the amount of success they are getting? I think I might be missing something. They never seemed like anything special to me, they just seem like every other metalcore band out there. Their music seems murderously simple and they just don't sound like anything I can't get anywhere else. I just don't understand how you can get rich and famous off playing music that almost anyone can make. Please help me, I do not understand
They aren't rich, they're barely famous.

But uh, when you write simple music that's appealing to a wide variety of people, your band has a better chance of picking up fans?
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
Who cares. There's been plenty of bad bands/artists that got big now, and in the past and there will be plenty in the future.

I would suggesting getting over it and moving on with your life.

Besides, music is subjective and all that and just you think they're bad doesn't mean other people will.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by austenxmetal
What has Asking Alexandria ever done to deserve the amount of success they are getting? I think I might be missing something. They never seemed like anything special to me, they just seem like every other metalcore band out there. Their music seems murderously simple and they just don't sound like anything I can't get anywhere else. I just don't understand how you can get rich and famous off playing music that almost anyone can make. Please help me, I do not understand

A little over a decade ago you could've exchanged the named Asking Alexandria for Blink 182 and people would have said the same thing (simplicity of songs, generic, etc.). It's just the way it is man, your best course of action is to:
1. Get over it
2. Listen to the music you like
3. Stop concerning yourself about bands you don't like

If everyone wants to like them how does that effect you and the bands you like? Support the bands you like in whatever way you can and don't support the bands you hate, it's that simple.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Except that Blink 182 actually had hit songs and a worldwide appeal, where as Asking Alexandria appeal to the 14 year old scene girl fanbase only, and will promptly lose any sort of minor celebrity they have now when those same girls hit 18. They are NOT huge and famous. They're just more popular than the rest, which is still not that much.
Image and appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Quote by Magero
Except that Blink 182 actually had hit songs and a worldwide appeal, where as Asking Alexandria appeal to the 14 year old scene girl fanbase only, and will promptly lose any sort of minor celebrity they have now when those same girls hit 18. They are NOT huge and famous. They're just more popular than the rest, which is still not that much.

A girl I know ("Jelly Shellison") will be 22 in July and she loves them.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Ah Jelly Jelbison. Brings me back.
This just sounds like another one of those bitching threads. While you're at it, bitch about Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber too.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Well...nothing?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Almost every band ever > AA
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Simple music for simple people. Not even hardcore. Another pop band that people think are alternative just because they've got the aesthetic qualities of a metal band. Honestly I'd rather stupid people kept liking bad music so I don't have to put up with them at shows. You can tell a lot about a band according to how high pitched there cheers are at a show.

Quote by lookpizza
AA>Hatebreed

I'll still agree with this. Hatebreed are awful... like REALLY awful.

Quote by datskramzkid
They aren't rich, they're barely famous.

Pretty much every pseudo-metal fan in the UK loves them
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 6, 2013,
Yeah. I'd rather listen to Asking Alexandria than hatebreed. At least that OH MY GOD song is fun when you're loaded. Hatebreed just reminds me of shirtless rednecks
Quote by ChemicalFire
Simple music for simple people. Not even hardcore. Another pop band that people think are alternative just because they've got the aesthetic qualities of a metal band. Honestly I'd rather stupid people kept liking bad music so I don't have to put up with them at shows. You can tell a lot about a band according to how high pitched there cheers are at a show.

I'll still agree with this. Hatebreed are awful... like REALLY awful.

Pretty much every pseudo-metal fan in the UK loves them

They may, but how much money can a band who plays to ~2000 a night can actually make? I mean, when you consider that even bands like bring me the horizon aren't exactly rolling in money, these guys can't make more than lower middle class wages.
True dat.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Magero

Except that hit songs and record sale numbers don't determine how good a band is otherwise nickelback would be considered rock gods. The guy wanted to know why people like a band that he finds shitty, all I pointed out was that other bands that aren't that great have had popularity.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Quote by LightxGrenade
Except that hit songs and record sale numbers don't determine how good a band is otherwise nickelback would be considered rock gods. The guy wanted to know why people like a band that he finds shitty, all I pointed out was that other bands that aren't that great have had popularity.

And I was just pointing out that comparing AA to Blink 182 is like comparing Amorphis to Metallica. One has a small fanbase, one has a massive, worldwide audience. I'm not talking about musical quality, at all, never was.
Hey guys...

Please explain..

WHY THIS THREAD IS STILL OPEN

For the greater good of the community this thread is now about Pusheen the cat (also known as Baker Cat)

Quote by DisarmGoliath