Page 19 of 19

It isn't the visuals that got me so much as the P90 in the bridge. The first Fret-King I wanted to buy was made that way- in metallic orange!- but the store sold out while my order processed. Thy didn't even have the ice white version of it. So I got a surf green HSS version instead (I really wanted a Stratclone at the time).

Its a great axe, too.

But I so rarely see the FK version of that P90 guitar, and when I do, it is ALWAYS the white one. While the tobacco burst version of the Modulo is the most common, there are metallic purple, Ruby red and sapphire blue versions out there, too...

That way, not only are they different electronically, they are also immediately identifiable as visual departures from the norm.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Danny, I see that you picked up a Roundhouse - how are you liking the neck? I've got the Roundhouse RT (silver sparkle), and the neck is pretty close to my old LP DC Special (wide and flat), so it takes some adjusting when I haven't played it for a while. I was up to four Rev's at one point, but have since trimmed down to two (the other is a Charger 290 that I won't ever part with). I think you and I are the only two Roundhouse owners around here, so I was curious if they had changed up the neck profile between build periods.
OffsetOffset
Mine seems pretty similar to the other Revs I have, but when it comes to necks, I'm not the pickiest player out there. I don't usually have issues going from one guitar to another beyond dealing with scale length changes, and that's small taters.

BTW, if that Silver Sparkle ever needs to find a new home...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
I'll definitely keep you in mind if I ever part with it! I've considered it, as I'm really more of a bolt on guy, but it's nice to have a couple set-neck guitars in the arsenal for variation.
OffsetOffset
Oh, sonofaBITCH! I'm having CC issues: despite having the proper address (after I was forced to chance it), I haven't gotten my last 2 statements, resulting in my account getting frozen a couple of times for nonpayment. So, understandably, I'm very reluctant to pull the trigger on anything right now.

I'm going to keep my eye on it while I get my issue straightened out.

Which will happen one day after that axe sells, of course.

alhaq369
I hate when that happens, I've had similar issues with my accounts. That said, I hope you can get it straightened out! That's a pretty solid deal on one of those for sure.
OffsetOffset
OOOhhh that looks very tempting. Great price too. I just bought a Manta Ray and am currently waiting on the brent hinds V, but that is hard to resist.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, EVH 5153, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals

alhaq369

alhaq369
Damn.
It.
To.
Hell.

They've made a Wildwood-exclusive sexy LE version of the Sensei: I don't know how many they have sold, but Reverend limited editions usually have short production runs.
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24340_.php?CategoryID=200&n=20
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24334.php?CategoryID=200&n=19
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24335.php?CategoryID=200&n=18
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/24337.php?CategoryID=200&n=17

alhaq369
A nice Rev for sale at a good price by someone who doesn't really know what they're selling:

https://reverb.com/item/2370877-reverend-kingbolt-triple-2015-violin-burst

They say its a 3HB guitar, but it isn't- the photo shows it has a RailHammer HB in the bridge and 2 RailHammer HB-sized P90s in the middle & neck. AFAIK, this one is unique. I've never even seen a Kingbolt with 3HBs before, much less something like this one.

alhaq369
Reverend has announced new colors for certain models, the return of some discontinued models, and the release of a new signature model with eye-popping graphics:
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/jenn-wasner-signature/

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
eye-popping graphics
These words made me hesitant in clicking that link ("graphics" on guitars so often means naked sexy dragon ladies on BC Riches or something, which admittedly I wouldn't expect from Reverend but even so...) but I dig that. Give some guy a seizure and at very least maybe he won't remember how poor my playing was.

I want to see if the specs on it are significantly different from a regular Charger before I decide to put it on my G.A.S. list.

alhaq369
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 21, 2016,
2016's Limited Edition has been revealed...and it is sexy.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/sensei-hb-2016-le/

Also, this Satuday:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1236834416347098/

alhaq369
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 25, 2016,

alhaq369

alhaq369
Just bought a Reverend Double Agent III in blue. Still waiting on shipment, but I'm quite excited.
OffsetOffset
SteveHOC I STILL don't own a DA, and that's the model that got Reverend on my radar in the first place. I'm assuming it's the Jetstream-body version, not the one based on the Charger, right?

alhaq369
Ah yes, Reverend, Made by Mirr music company out of S Korea, Very nice stuff, Also build for Blacklund, Eastwood and Italia and build the parts for Duesenburg but assembled in Germany, I would imagine that has something to do with tariffs and import taxes, I have a Godin like that, Made in Canada but assembled in the US, In any case it appears Mirr is the go to when it comes to the off the beaten path type guitars,
Last edited by nastytroll at Oct 18, 2016,
dannyalcatraz

Yep, it's the version iii - I've wanted to try out the Wilkinson Trem for some time, and I got a deal on a mint DA. I had the hard tail version briefly and loved the pickup/bass contour combos, but I wanted a backup to my PRS CE22 and this fit the bill (also well suited to match my Reverend Charger 290). I'm all about easy transitions for live scenarios.
OffsetOffset
Quote by nastytroll
Ah yes, Reverend, Made by Mirr music company out of S Korea, Very nice stuff, Also build for Blacklund, Eastwood and Italia and build the parts for Duesenburg but assembled in Germany...

Good to know about those other brands being made in the same factory. Makes me feel better about keeping them on my G.A.S. list.

alhaq369
Alright, so the DA arrived a couple days ago. I took off the strings that were on it (probably 10's), and strung it up with my 11-49 set - everything seemed cool, but I'm noticing that the strings continue to go a bit sharp not even a few minutes into playing. I've not dealt with a Wilkinson Trem system before, but I'm guessing that there is some settling with the Trem that is causing this, as the guitar is like-new.

Even when taking the arm out and not using the Trem, this seems to be the case. Any thoughts? It's dual fulcrum, so it floats for up and down dives. I've done no more adjustments as the intonation and action are quite good (not surprising for a new Reverend). Should I be adjusting the tension in the springs?
OffsetOffset
Search me.

My exeperience with Wilkinson trems has been me of rock solid stability. But I haven't changed the gauge on any of my guitars that have one. So I suspect your instincts about settling may be on point. That's what I'd suspect, anyway,

alhaq369
I've been looking at Reverends whenever I get the chance because I love Browen Lollar's sound (he was Jason Isbell's guitar player and now plays for St. Paul and the Broken Bones). I really like the Sensei Jr.'s sounds but I thought the neck was too shallow. Are there Reverends with chunkier necks?
Death to Ovation haters!
Near as I can tell, Reverend necks are pretty uniform across models. But they're a small company and pretty responsive- send them an email to make sure!

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
It isn't the visuals that got me
I've scrolled past this several times visiting this thread and I still don't understand it. What does it mean?
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I've scrolled past this several times visiting this thread and I still don't understand it. What does it mean?

Well, you said I liked the "Bauhausocaster"- I assumed you meant the appearance of the guitar.

But it wasn't so much the visuals of the Modilo I was attracted to- though I do like them- but the P90/S/S array that is (still) kinda hard to find..

alhaq369
Someone get me a Warhawk RT in metallica alpine
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
The copper finish has my eye...but the green will do.

alhaq369
The green just screams surf rock guitar to me
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Well, you said I liked the "Bauhausocaster"- I assumed you meant the appearance of the guitar.

But it wasn't so much the visuals of the Modilo I was attracted to- though I do like them- but the P90/S/S array that is (still) kinda hard to find..

Oh no, I got that. Just finding the concept of buying a guitar for reasons other than "It looks cool" kind of hard to get my head around

alhaq369
Quote by Dreadnought
The green just screams surf rock guitar to me

yeah i'm never sure if i like green guitars or not but the green reverends look pretty cool (from pics on my screen, at least)
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?