tunedagainst
43 IQ
We're a guitarist and bassist in our mid-20s in the process of starting a melodic hardcore punk band with some ambitious and positive guys/gals.

If you live in Philly or in any of the surrounding areas and can travel, contact us and we'll send you what we've been writing (although we don't really have much because we want to write music with other members together). Our influences include bands like Daggermouth, Joyce Manor, Lifetime, Such Gold, Touche Amore, Tigers Jaw, Jawbreaker, Crime in Stereo, Living With Lions, Comeback Kid, Descendents, Small Brown Bike, Kill Your Idols, and more.

We're just nerds who eat, sleep and breathe music. We're dedicated and hope to find a few people who are willing to work hard with us and have fun doing so. If you're interested, send me a PM, post here or e-mail me at tunedagainst@gmail.com. :-)
tunedagainst
43 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Do you guys like pizza!?!?

I'm not a huge fan of it personally...pizza's kinda overrated imo. I'm a weirdo. And ha, I'm a picky eater to the guy below.

Alright, hope someone in the Philly area sees this, but I guess we'll have to ask around more. Thanks!
Last edited by tunedagainst at May 13, 2013,
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by tunedagainst
I'm not a huge fan of it personally...pizza's kinda overrated imo. I'm a weirdo. And ha, I'm a picky eater to the guy below.

Alright, hope someone in the Philly area sees this, but I guess we'll have to ask around more. Thanks!

I was just teasing you guys lol.

You'll have better luck if you talk to people at shows. This area of the forum is dead. Go support your local scene, make friends, start bands.
tunedagainst
43 IQ
Quote by blake1221
I was just teasing you guys lol.

You'll have better luck if you talk to people at shows. This area of the forum is dead. Go support your local scene, make friends, start bands.

That's what we were thinking - going to shows. We haven't been to one in years though. How do we just randomly start talking to people at shows?
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by tunedagainst
That's what we were thinking - going to shows. We haven't been to one in years though. How do we just randomly start talking to people at shows?

Just randomly start talking to people at shows
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by tunedagainst

Go to a lot of them. Especially local ones. You'll start making friends who share the same musical tastes as you. Eventually, start jamming with them.
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Fuck I was hoping you were familiar with the scene to book my band a Philly show.

teehee good luck and stuff, talking to people at shows is way easy!