link no1
Also cute and fluffy!!!
1,958 IQ
I found a band member here though, he was already in my band and he just happened to recognize my username from about 900,000 other sites he knew I use the name on.

If that doesn't count then no.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
1,108 IQ
Quote by link no1
I found a band member here though, he was already in my band and he just happened to recognize my username from about 900,000 other sites he knew I use the name on.

If that doesn't count then no.

that kinda counts, but not really, but sorta, yes and no for sure.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
1,108 IQ
Quote by Skullivan
I think I found a Klan buddy on here once.

you seem like you'd be the leader of a klan band.
Bazz22
246 IQ
Honestly, UG isn't a very good place to find bandmates. It's so dead here.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
1,108 IQ
Quote by Bazz22
Honestly, UG isn't a very good place to find bandmates. It's so dead here.

it's dead everywhere. with all the thousands of musicians (half of them not doing anything or as much as they'd like to with music at the time or at times) you'd think there'd be a lot more musicians on this forums.
Bazz22
246 IQ
Quote by dog_style
it's dead everywhere. with all the thousands of musicians (half of them not doing anything or as much as they'd like to with music at the time or at times) you'd think there'd be a lot more musicians on this forums.

I agree, it's depressing.

Unfortunately, some of the best websites for finding bandmates are incredibly expensive to join.
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,517 IQ
I think there's a lot of FB groups to do that now, yeah, this place is nothing like it used to be
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,237 IQ
I found someone. Well... he found me I guess. And he had a drummer buddy, and we started jamming, and then we got a guy I know to do vocals, and the vocalist got a guy he knows to play rhythm guitar. We're pretty great.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
1,108 IQ
Quote by accadacca97
I nearly got someone, but then it fell through

what went wrong?

at least it fell through even if it didn't work out...unless you regret ever meeting the person. that's band life.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
1,108 IQ
Quote by Tempoe
I think there's a lot of FB groups to do that now, yeah, this place is nothing like it used to be

if you mean bookface, i don't have luck with that myself and the search isn't compact like it would be here if there was tons of people.

thousands of musicians out there across the country, what are they doing i wonder.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
1,108 IQ
Quote by Bazz22
I agree, it's depressing.

Unfortunately, some of the best websites for finding bandmates are incredibly expensive to join.

they don't make it very easy for musicians on them paying sites from my experience, unless you are a computer wiz who likes sitting around trying to figure out how the site works from making your profile downloading a picture that is too big, etc.
irishdragon
Tab Contributor
671 IQ
my band found it's singer. we got super lucky. tune in if you want an interesting short story.
We kicked out our old singer and formed a new band. We obviously needed a singer with clean vocals and somewhat in our age range. So we posted her last september or november. The guy was 2 years older than us. JUST moved into the area around the time we posted our ad, and then he sent us a few mp3's of his work. We work so wonderfully together now. We have a lot of the same interests and we're taking this new lineup farther than the older band ever could have. so yes! you can find someone on here if you're lucky! but it's hard to be as lucky as we were. btw we're looking for one more member, a dedicated and skilled guitarist who can play rythyms and leads! westchester, ny :P