Postmortem1332
43 IQ
Hello guys, I'm about to buy a new guitar and I don't Know which one to choose:

Schecter Demon 7 fr (new)
Ibanez Jem Jr (used)
Ibanes Rg 470 MIJ ( used)
Ibanez Japan Rg 450 99' MIJ with Gotoh Tuner's and two Paf pro's (used)
Jackson Kelly Performer MIJ with Seymour Sh-4 E Tb-4 ( Used)
Jackson Warrior Wrxt Japan (Used)
Jackson Ultra Plus MIJ W\ Seymour - Dimarzio - Gotoh ( used)

These were the best ones I could found, I live in Brazil, so it's find to hard some guitars, and they're all really, REALLY expensive here, mostly because of the imposts : /.
I'm looking for a very versatile guitar, one that I can Really explore my technical Limits and play Extreme Shredding like Rusty Cooley, Shawn Lane, and Christian Muenzer.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
probably the 470 or 450 if you can easily/cheaply upgrade the trem to an OFR, gotoh or similar.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

J_W
65 IQ
It's not real cheap to upgrade a trem to an OFR. They are $200. Both the 470 and 450 came with the Lo TRS Trems which I am not familiar with, but reviews suggest they are not that great.
J_W
65 IQ
I'd take any MIJ Ibanez over a Schecter though no doubt. Pretty sure that Schecter is made in China.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ yeah that's the problem, unless you get lucky with a cheap barely used example or just happen upon a killer deal, you're forking out loads of money for a better trem. may well be cheaper to just look for a used 550/570 or 1550/1570 which already has a good trem...

the japanese jacksons are pretty nice, too, but again you're into the trem-swapping problem...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Postmortem1332
43 IQ
The MIJ Ibanez are really a lot better than the ones made in Korea and Indonesia ?
JackovSlayer
Registered Abuser
76 IQ
Quote by Postmortem1332
The MIJ Ibanez are really a lot better than the ones made in Korea and Indonesia ?

Yes.
gorgthemeatpile
UG's pile of meat
136 IQ
Quote by Postmortem1332

Yes. Huge difference in sound and playability.

I would go for the 450 or 470. You may not even need to upgrade the bridge if its in pretty good shape.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Postmortem1332

yes

Quote by gorgthemeatpile

I would go for the 450 or 470. You may not even need to upgrade the bridge if its in pretty good shape.

i suppose it might have been owned by someone who never played the guitar
Quote by classicrocker01

Postmortem1332
43 IQ
I will buy the Ibanez, but, what is the best bridge, a Low Trs or a Trs 505?
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
the best ibanez bridges (on the older models, anyway) are the edge (NOT edge II or edge III), lo-pro edge and edge pro (NOT edge pro II).

the lo-trs is pretty poor. fairly pleasant before it craps out, but mine crapped out pretty quickly (matter of months).

i don't think i've even heard of a trs505, i dunno what that is?
Quote by classicrocker01

samuraigoomba
491 IQ
Quote by J_W
I'd take any MIJ Ibanez over a Schecter though no doubt. Pretty sure that Schecter is made in China.

All that needs to be said.
Postmortem1332
43 IQ
Because I found only two MIJ Ibanez here, one with the low pro Trs, and the another one with this TRS-505 Floyd rose :S
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
See if you can find an Ibanez MIJ 550/570 like it has already been mentioned. You can generally happen upon a 570 in the US for around 300-400 and the 550 goes for about 400-600 depending upon condition.
I didn't see your location so this might not be helpful, but both the 550/570 are amazing!!!
Gibson-DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Ibanez RG570, Schecter Banshee 7, MIA strat, Reverend Manta Ray 290
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey 5150, Mesa Rectoverb
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals