My Last Words
Billions and billions!
2,209 IQ
I suggest that you download that song, use some software to slow it down and let your ear do the work. When you're done figuring it out, find a metronome and practice the song at a comfortable pace. In this case, comfortable means that you're fully relaxed and not tensed. Also, always try to practice perfectly - no mistakes allowed! If it means that you have to start at 2 bpm then so be it! When you are able to play a section clean and even on a certain speed, slowly increase the bpm on your metronome and start practicing until you come to that same level of clean- and evenness(?). Rinse and repeat.

Speed will not come overnight, so do not rush it! Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
baab
Last edited by My Last Words at May 19, 2013,
Aurora Borealis
128 IQ
I can play really fast rhytm. I owe this mainly to my old Iced Earth cover band. You may want to try some of their songs. John schaffer Plays pretty fast with "triplets". This song is plain speed picking but if you can triplet with IE speed, you will most likely be able to play the song you posted. g#,b, f#, a
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
protip: it's midi programmed

totally possible but the tone he's getting is coming from someone fiddling around in a DAW and essentially running a sample in the same way you might program a kickdrum to do blast beats
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Quote by Aurora Borealis
I can play really fast rhytm. I owe this mainly to my old Iced Earth cover band. You may want to try some of their songs. John schaffer Plays pretty fast with "triplets". This song is plain speed picking but if you can triplet with IE speed, you will most likely be able to play the song you posted. g#,b, f#, a

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Like twins, but one more?

That's it, right?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

ArtistLion
818 IQ
Quote by Aurora Borealis

Thx a lot, so I need to work on speed picking triplets. I'll try out that band later.
Aurora Borealis
128 IQ
No problem. If its too difficult for you, though you should find a slightly slower band, most of 80s famous metal bands have songs that can work for you.