Poll: ??
Poll Options
View poll results: ??
I am very private about my personal information
25 27%
I'm not that private about my personal information, only to a degree
26 28%
I keep a few personal things to myself (surname, or town/city, etc)
23 25%
I don't care. People can know my name, where I live, doesn't bother me
19 20%
Voters: 93.
Page 2 of 2
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison
329 IQ
*Looks at my UG profile*
Nope, nothing I'd consider overly identifying. Hardly anyone on UG notices me and my UG username is shared/stolen from an old friend. So if I do something malicious, you can yell at them.

Besides, on Facebook, I'm private to a degree (i.e. don't need to post my every single location or phone). I rarely even care to post and all my friends are old schoolmates/locals anyways.
We're all alright!
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
The only shit that's really useful to other people is shit like SSN or credit card #'s, most of which stays pretty secure albeit with hacking, something beyond your control.

IMO, paranoia comes from a an inflated sense of ego which is rarely, if ever, merited.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
entity0009
UG's Null.
534 IQ
I'm so private about my personal information even I don't know who I am.

Or maybe that's my Alzheimer's kicking in.

I'm so private about my personal information even I don't know who I am.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by snipelfritz
The only shit that's really useful to other people is shit like SSN or credit card #'s, most of which stays pretty secure albeit with hacking, something beyond your control.

IMO, paranoia comes from a an inflated sense of ego which is rarely, if ever, merited.

How is it dangerous to give away your social security number?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
kertets
Banned
80 IQ
I never give out my details. I guess it all started when I was a child.
My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
I only get paranoid about it when talking to people from my country, cuz they can actually find me if they want

Key word: paranoid
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
How is it dangerous to give away your social security number?

Bears bro.

I actually remember when my sister was first applying for her drivers license someone was using her ssn or something. I don't remember, I was like 13 at the time, so I was like, "eh whatever."

It's used by a lot of things like insurance etc. as a personal identification number as well the idea being you're the only person who knows it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Iced Earth9
Blindly following?
191 IQ
I don't have anything to hide, so I don't care.

Edit: But don't ask for my SSN, credit card, bank info... Haha I'm speaking about my age and place of residence (even my address doesn't bother me)
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Last edited by Iced Earth9 at May 20, 2013,
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Quote by anvil is god
Nobody is going to hurt me

I am
sfaune92
Used Register
616 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika
My name is too difficult to remember, so I don't think anyone would bother trying to find out.

Wait, it isn't Hriday Hazarika...?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
DystoCreativity
269 IQ
I don't even use my actual name when creating accounts.

Why? I'm paranoid, and a bit of a conspiracy theorist. Yes, I'm nuts, but I'm just happy wearing my hat of tin foil.

You'll wish you had one, too, when the government aliens steal your brains and use them to fuel their robot death squads!
Joshua Garcia
Lost boy
5,702 IQ
Well, mistaken name aside, I'm actually not all that private. There was a time I was really concerned about having my full name as a username, but over the years I've learned it doesn't matter in the least.

If they want to know my city, they just need to look. I don't even mind giving out my FB and gamertags. As long as I know them.

I won't give my address, number, passwords or anything else of the like out so easily though.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
Mufassa
Real Pimpin goin on
54 IQ
I dont really care for the most part what people know about me...
My facebook page tells the basics and my status when I decide to actually say something is usually pretty cryptic (i.e not incriminating).. Only people that know me on a certain level will have any idea what i'm talking about

https://www.facebook.com/neil.reich.1?ref=tn_tnmn
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Last edited by Mufassa at May 20, 2013,
█▐▌█▐▌
1,459 IQ
卐 i keep it pretty tight 卐
卐 i mean if somebody found my livejournal 卐
卐 it'd be pretty embarrassing 卐
guitarxo
cat
1,647 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika
My first name is longer. It will make you cry.

yeah well it's the one thing that makes me smile as I scroll through my barren news feed
cat
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
I don't think I ever use my real name and personal information online aside from my old FB profile. I deleted that a long time ago though
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Quote by guitarxo
yeah well it's the one thing that makes me smile as I scroll through my barren news feed

holy shit guise shes totes into me
guitarbreaker
Aeolian Flight Modulation
854 IQ
At this point in life, I'm using the internet to network and to start to go somewhere before I leave college. So my information is listed. Minus the address, SSN, or Drivers License. If you list that information, I would come to the conclusion that the internet is not for you. The people that may be against me already have my address, so... whatever. hahaha
Last edited by guitarbreaker at May 22, 2013,
mystical_1
Doomed
336 IQ
You never now what they will be able to do with your information in the future, with future technology. That's mostly the one thing I fear about giving anything out. I don't bank online or shop. I just can't help but think that someday that is all going to turn out to have been a really bad idea.

Giving your college or mother's maiden name to retrieve a password is just stupid. When I saw some email services starting to do that, it really made me question how seriously they take security. Why even give people an option that can be figured out so easily by anyone that knows them. Nope, I don't trust any of it.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika
holy shit guise shes totes into me

She's cheating on you with my cheekbones