FlammenMeer
10 IQ
Hi everyone!
I'll cut the crap and go straight to my question!

1. follow the http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_ex401fm_see_thru_black.htm?sid=227d3d8f5e8fbe945058e88d0474545f
2. check out the metal sample! pay atention to the very begining of it!

You can hear that crazy wooping noise, sounds like 2 jetplanes just flew above at the same time (different directions).
I don't think it is only sliding along the strings, there must be something there.
Anyways, I know it's kind of a stupid, n00bish question, but please answer me as I can't fuguer it out my self. How do I make my guitar sound like this.

Thanx!
Shor
60 IQ
Pick brushing against the strings followed by a slide along the strings.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
FlammenMeer
10 IQ
Hmmm, so Shor, are you trying to tell me that guy brushes his pick form head to the body and than slides a string all the way back? I don't quite get it..
Shor
60 IQ
Quote by FlammenMeer
Hmmm, so Shor, are you trying to tell me that guy brushes his pick form head to the body and than slides a string all the way back? I don't quite get it..

No it sounds like he's just scraping (softly kinda..) against the wound strings around the picking area (sounds like what you can achieve accidentally).
After that it's just a long slide on the lowest string(s) from the high frets into the riff that starts.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass