Page 265 of 265
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
332 IQ
Cathbard
Thank God, I always wonder when I post something like that whether I'm about to find out I've said something irredeemably ignorant
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
The only time I've used multiple outputs is when I needed more current than an LM7809 can source. My new pedalboard is just running an el cheapo 2A switch mode supply off ebay that cost me $5.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
250 IQ
"The Internet: immortalizing Ignorance, Nudity and Stupidity since...whenever."
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I K0nijn I
110 IQ
I found a big difference with isolated outputs when you're powering pedals in the loop and in front of the amp with the same power supply. It wasn't that my setup was too noisy, but a nice power supply (Voodoo 4x4 in my case) certainly made it practically silent. More quiet than running 4 1-spots (one for the loop pedals, one for the in front pedals and 2 for each of my Strymons) as well.
Mayones Regius
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
Sway!
30 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice

lol though your power supply costs more than your amp (unless that's not an ac4)

Nah it's actually just a £30 one from Amazon. I was a bit sceptical about buying it because of noise but it's been great so far!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
So I reckon my board is about 80% done. This is what I have running so far (excuse the mess of cables )

A few things are gonna get swapped out though. That EHX overdrive isn't hooked up to the board ATM so I'm either gonna swap that spot out for something like a phaser or maybe a compressor. The tuner is gonna get swapped out for a pitchblack since that PW one I have on the board is broken and the Distortron is probably gonna be off the board for a Soul Food. I really like the Distortron but I'm mostly using amp gain again so it's not getting a lot of use. I figure I'll just toss the SF to use as either a boost for the dirt channel or stacked with the BoG FF.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
Quote by Sway!
Nah it's actually just a £30 one from Amazon. I was a bit sceptical about buying it because of noise but it's been great so far!

ah ok

funnily enough I actually am getting some noise with my setup, and those supplies are supposed to be isolated Haven't got round to figuring out the source. I'm actually thinking it might be the wah now.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
332 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok

funnily enough I actually am getting some noise with my setup, and those supplies are supposed to be isolated Haven't got round to figuring out the source. I'm actually thinking it might be the wah now.
Could always be the supply itself
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
yeah i guess. it's a while since i last checked it but i think i tried different supplies (i have more than one). but i could be wrong (though of course if it's a design flaw in all of them that wouldn't tell me anything). i'll not worry too much because i have too many pedals on the floor/board anyway and they're taking too much room, and if i take a bunch out of the chain the problem may well sort itself
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 13, 2016,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
^
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
The Mooer Wahter arrived. I sat a pack of smokes next to it for size comparison.

How small is that?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
250 IQ
Tiny!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
514 IQ
I got a Neunaber Seraphim and it's perfect for my hangovers.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Quote by StewieSwan
my eyes are rolling harder than fred durst

H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
I got a Neunaber Seraphim and it's perfect for my hangovers.

Never tried one but I really like the Wet.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
332 IQ
For what it's worth, here's summer 2016:

Still needs velcroing, but otherwise looking good.
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Aug 22, 2016,
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Nice board. Is that Fender a volume pedal?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
332 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice board. Is that Fender a volume pedal?
Thanks It is indeed; originally it was there so I could just step on the heel of it to kill the signal when I needed to, but since I got the Polytune I mostly use it for swells when I get bored.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Thanks It is indeed; originally it was there so I could just step on the heel of it to kill the signal when I needed to, but since I got the Polytune I mostly use it for swells when I get bored.

Nice, volume pedals are fun to dick around with for sure.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Shredx
Inuendo King
30 IQ
I've finally got my mk1 pedalboard sorted!

Powered by a one spot pro, which has worked surprisingly well (I awkwardly have 9 pedals making Voodoo labs stuff abit difficult). Board is a novo 24 which was bigger than I thought I'd get, but thought it'd make sense if i get any other pedals.

Ideally would've had a few strymons on here, but ran out of money. The TC flashback and dreamscape are good though. Love the C4 Keeley and the Red Dirt. Only thing I may need is a volume pedal/another pedal to make crazy synth sounds with, but apart from that I'm damn happy.

Taken me months to get this whole set up done, glad its finished!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Aug 29, 2016,
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
See how your wahs totally fuck up the symmetry of your boards?
Seriously, give a wahter a run. It's smaller than your tubescreamers. They're really cheap too.
Works great with lots of gain. Sort of Morleyish.
Haven't gigged with it yet but pretty impressed so far.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Quote by Shredx
I've finally got my mk1 pedalboard sorted!

Powered by a one spot pro, which has worked surprisingly well (I awkwardly have 9 pedals making Voodoo labs stuff abit difficult). Board is a novo 24 which was bigger than I thought I'd get, but thought it'd make sense if i get any other pedals.

Ideally would've had a few strymons on here, but ran out of money. The TC flashback and dreamscape are good though. Love the C4 Keeley and the Red Dirt. Only thing I may need is a volume pedal/another pedal to make crazy synth sounds with, but apart from that I'm damn happy.

Taken me months to get this whole set up done, glad its finished!

Sweet board. How's the Keeley comp?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Shredx
Inuendo King
30 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Sweet board. How's the Keeley comp?

Massive fan of it, I use it as an always on pedal, but can be used as a great lead boost and can get a really good chicken pickin sound. Only thing I'd really like to see it have would be a blend control but its still a killer pedal, would recommend it.

AndCathbard, I'll look into them - the big selling point for that xotic wah was its smaller than usual footprint.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
514 IQ
I got a JHS Morning Glory, and yes; it works exactly as advertised.

Quote by EyeNon15

Quote by StewieSwan

dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
250 IQ
V4 or a prior incarnation?

alhaq369
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
514 IQ
V3. A week into it and it's still holding up very well.

Quote by EyeNon15

Quote by StewieSwan

Will Lane
ee-elle-atey-for
259 IQ
Had some more adventures at GC today. Some news on stuff I tried:

One of the new Marshall Code Amps. I did not get a whole lot of time with it, and only used some stock patches with no editing. What I did hear though, sounded exactly like an MG- thin and congested. The FIRST patch in the amp (EL34 Heaven), the first thing you would likely hear from the amp- it just sounds bad, man. The other first few patches were nothing usable either. Editing the patches and seeing what you might could get out of it may yield better results, but you may also end up getting no where. Not a safe buy from my experience.

The Sterling by Music Man Cutlass. Fairly solid unit, needed a bit of a setup which I guess was caused just from shipping and climate differences. Tone was reasonable, very Strat like of course. However, I picked up a Charvel unit right after and the output difference was stark. The Cutlass has quite a low output, however the Charvel nailed the front end of the amp. The Cutlass is a Strat-style so it makes sense. It has a lip on the bridge to pull on for those of us who like the vibrato use, but often just put the bar out of the way towards the bottom of the guitar. It can take a normal tremolo bar though. I thought it was quite hard to pull but that may be attributed to the set up. I did not immediately notice the Cutlass' unconventional neck shape, although I attribute some of my difficulty playing it to that. It does feel a bit chunky or maybe just different but I got used to it. That is not to say it was hard to play- it felt nice, but it was not what I was used to. But again, with a proper setup I am sure it would have been fine. I would be concerned with competition from the used market. I imagine you can get a Used MIM around the same price range/cheaper, give it a setup, and you're good to go.
Last edited by Will Lane at Yesterday
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Did you try editing the patches first or just stock ones?

I heard they arent great but im just wondering.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Will Lane
ee-elle-atey-for
259 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Did you try editing the patches first or just stock ones?

I heard they arent great but im just wondering.
Just stock. I did not bother fiddling. I would think Marshall would make their stock patches at least reasonable.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Quote by Will Lane
Just stock. I did not bother fiddling. I would think Marshall would make their stock patches at least reasonable.

What have you played that has decent stock patches?

Either way if you didnt even bother editing them patches I wouldnt say you couldnt write the thing off fairly.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Will Lane
ee-elle-atey-for
259 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What have you played that has decent stock patches?

Either way if you didnt even bother editing them patches I wouldnt say you couldnt write the thing off fairly.
I don't know how much credence I would put into that for a modeling amp. For a normal, non-modeling amp, sure- it probably needs to be tweaked some. But first impressions with modeling amps is a lot. Why would the stock patches be released sounding so bad if there was good potential in the amp? It is not that the potential is ignored, but I do not think it is there. Unless there is a congestion control that can be adjusted, I do not think it is worth time or money. At least that is how I see it. If I could sit down and really be critical with the amp, I would. But as a suggestion, to be safe with our gear purchases and not direct funds somewhere else, there are many things other than that amp that sound a lot better right out the gate. :/
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Quote by Will Lane
I don't know how much credence I would put into that for a modeling amp. For a normal, non-modeling amp, sure- it probably needs to be tweaked some. But first impressions with modeling amps is a lot. Why would the stock patches be released sounding so bad if there was good potential in the amp? It is not that the potential is ignored, but I do not think it is there. Unless there is a congestion control that can be adjusted, I do not think it is worth time or money.

Most of the modelling amps I have played have absolutely horrible patches stock. From Spiders to Vypyrs to even PODs. I agree that first impressions matter but at the end of the day, you are experienced and know better so I dont understand why you wouldnt even want to play around the patches.

The last modelling amp I had was a Spider Valve. I got sweet sounds out of it but you would never know with the stock patches.

I mean if you want to write off modelling amps by simply judging the stock patches, thats fair. Im more interested in what the thing is actually capable of and the tones it can produce aside from the stock patches.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Will Lane
ee-elle-atey-for
259 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Most of the modelling amps I have played have absolutely horrible patches stock. From Spiders to Vypyrs to even PODs. I agree that first impressions matter but at the end of the day, you are experienced and know better so I dont understand why you wouldnt even want to play around the patches.

The last modelling amp I had was a Spider Valve. I got sweet sounds out of it but you would never know with the stock patches.

I mean if you want to write off modelling amps by simply judging the stock patches, thats fair. Im more interested in what the thing is actually capable of and the tones it can produce aside from the stock patches.
Hmm. Alright. I think I should re-word my thoughts. I'll agree, entirely discrediting the unit just from the stock patches is not exactly fair. I do think the stock patches should be strong but okay. From the time I spent with it, my first impressions, I do not think the amp is a good buy compared to other equipment when used straight from the box. If one wanted to dig into the amp and see what else is capable, cool- but I think doing so is a risk considering my experience with it. I'll edit my post to be a bit more lenient and objective.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
340 IQ
Thats totally fair man. I wasnt trying to bust your balls either, just trying to come from another point of view.

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster