Page 268 of 268
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'm waiting for a DS-1 in a TS enclosure. That would be something

an sd1 in a ts enclosure versus a ts in an sd1 enclosure would be nice. would be interesting to see which pedal most guitarists thought sounded better
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
an sd1 in a ts enclosure versus a ts in an sd1 enclosure would be nice. would be interesting to see which pedal most guitarists thought sounded better

And the pages of rage when the truth comes out after
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
haha

you know for a lot of things i actually think i prefer the sd1. but there's not much in it i could easily be happy with either.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
haha

you know for a lot of things i actually think i prefer the sd1. but there's not much in it i could easily be happy with either.

I don't really love either of them but if I were to choose one though I would probably go for the SD-1 cause they tend to be cheaper and have a better switch IMO. Really though, I don't like the 'dry signal +OD' kind of sound they produce so I tend to gravitate towards other pedals either way.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i usually just use them as a lead boost so i don't really notice the clean bleed i like the compression etc. i get out of them.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Mr Black pedals are all $99 for Black Friday just FYi
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
From their website?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Apparently, Mr. Deville has gotten a contact high from Washington, 'cause:

https://reverb.com/item/2514704-mr-black-supermoon-chrome-2015-chrome-1000

The Black is short for black-tar heroin cause he is on some heavy smack.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Any of you guys tried the EHX Tortion? Come across a good price on one here. I kind of discounted it a while back because it was too dear. Basically for the vintage to hotrodded high gain marshall in a box type thing. Ideally into either a sparkly bright clean or (darker) crunchy amp.

I mean, I suspect what I really want is the Amptweaker Big Rock Pro but it's crazy expensive. Plus I've never tried any of the cascading JFet pedals and I might not like them. I'd rather find that out for £75 than £250.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Will Lane
If you guys had the choice between 4 of these silly pricey lightbulbs: http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/EL84-6BQ5-Tube-Types/Preferred-Series-7189-Premium-EL84

Or a TC Electronic Spark Booster and some strings: https://www.prymaxe.com/products/tc-electronic-spark-boost

What would you choose?
Speaking of that, I ordered the Spark Thursday and it arrived today. Surprisingly USPS is on their game this shopping season- last year they were a week late with one of my orders.

I ordered it from Pitbull Audio. I did not know much about the company but they seemed okay. However, they had a "too good to be true" price at $74.25. Usually the pedal is $99 (rarely) or $129. Signing up for their rewards program gets you 100 "points", which can be applied as a $5 discount. It seemed too good to be true but at the price I thought it was worth the risk.

After I ordered I kept researching the company and found this thread. It was discouraging enough for me to call the bank to have them cancel the order but by the time I did Pitbull already took the money out. Their Black Friday link only shows a few items so I was confused at how the pedal was so low. An AC30C2 is $999 there, $100 below the normal MAP. But I decided to just bear it and see what happens.

I wish I hadn't because it has been stressing me out, but the pedal arrived today and it looks right, sounds right, must be right. Nothing about it looks like it is broken or not working properly, it doesn't have any difference of design that would make it seem like a fake. So I dunno. I asked on TGP about the company and everyone seemed to have positive experiences with them aside from a few that had honest mistakes happen.

I wanted to have a sound clip of the pedal but I don't have any recording equipment at the moment so here is just a picture:

---
My only beef is that the center LED is not really secured to the chassis- it is just poking out from the PCB. I imagine some dirt could get in there and cause trouble or enough wiggling/a hard stomp could damage the LED. Is this normal for TC pedals?
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 28, 2016,
I have made precisely one purchase from Pitbull. It was without issue. I paid, and I got what I paid for.

Which does not excuse crappy CustServ in those case when something went wrong, whatever the number of inc
idents is.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
^^ Nice score. Yeah sometimes it's worth taking a risk if the price is good enough, especially if it's a fairly cheap item.

^ Agreed (except I've never dealt with them).
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

I just took a risk on a new (to me) Keeley dealer: 25% off a Dark Side.

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I just took a risk on a new (to me) Keeley dealer: 25% off a Dark Side.

Those look cool. I'm guessing it's a PF style pedal so a Muff style fuzz and an EM clone in a single box?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R

It's everything DG in a box sans his guitar & talent.

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
H4T3BR33D3R

It's everything DG in a box sans his guitar & talent.

That's super cool actually. If I didn't have a BoG FFM and a Dreamscape already I would seriously consider picking one up. Good score
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's super cool actually. If I didn't have a BoG FFM and a Dreamscape already I would seriously consider picking one up. Good score

Thanks! Since I don't let ownership of other pedals stop me from buying new shiny things- I just bought a McCaffery Run Rabbit Run a few weeks ago*- what is a BoG FFM and a Dreamscape?

alhaq369
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Thanks! Since I don't let ownership of other pedals stop me from buying new shiny things- I just bought a McCaffery Run Rabbit Run a few weeks ago*- what is a BoG FFM and a Dreamscape?

Band of Gypsies Fuzz Face Mini and a TCE Dreamscape (chorus/flange/vibe). Its a Petrucci sig pedal

I dont play LTE or DT but I love the pedal.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Hey folks, I'm wondering what you all think of EHX's new wah. I haven't tried it and I don't have any strong opinion on it on its own merits, but it seems like a pretty poor move business-wise. It's pretty much a basic pot wah in the vein of the popular Vox and Dunlop designs, but while barely undercutting them (or not at all, given the oversaturated used market) in price and having a plastic housing. I know cheap versions of the fancy stuff has been EHX's business model since the beginning, but this doesn't really have the price advantage something like the OD Glove or the East River Drive has over the pedal it imitates. Seems like they're trying to go somewhere there isn't a niche for them. Probably Mike Matthews' idea and nobody dares to disagree with the old guy

I dunno, just some thoughts I had and I was wondering if other people thought the same.
I haven't tried it either but I suspect you're right. Also, it's not like cheaper plastic wahs don't already exist.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman