Page 265 of 265
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,356 IQ
Cathbard
Thank God, I always wonder when I post something like that whether I'm about to find out I've said something irredeemably ignorant
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
The only time I've used multiple outputs is when I needed more current than an LM7809 can source. My new pedalboard is just running an el cheapo 2A switch mode supply off ebay that cost me $5.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
"The Internet: immortalizing Ignorance, Nudity and Stupidity since...whenever."
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I K0nijn I
1,039 IQ
I found a big difference with isolated outputs when you're powering pedals in the loop and in front of the amp with the same power supply. It wasn't that my setup was too noisy, but a nice power supply (Voodoo 4x4 in my case) certainly made it practically silent. More quiet than running 4 1-spots (one for the loop pedals, one for the in front pedals and 2 for each of my Strymons) as well.
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
Sway!
519 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice

lol though your power supply costs more than your amp (unless that's not an ac4)

Nah it's actually just a £30 one from Amazon. I was a bit sceptical about buying it because of noise but it's been great so far!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
So I reckon my board is about 80% done. This is what I have running so far (excuse the mess of cables )

A few things are gonna get swapped out though. That EHX overdrive isn't hooked up to the board ATM so I'm either gonna swap that spot out for something like a phaser or maybe a compressor. The tuner is gonna get swapped out for a pitchblack since that PW one I have on the board is broken and the Distortron is probably gonna be off the board for a Soul Food. I really like the Distortron but I'm mostly using amp gain again so it's not getting a lot of use. I figure I'll just toss the SF to use as either a boost for the dirt channel or stacked with the BoG FF.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Sway!
Nah it's actually just a £30 one from Amazon. I was a bit sceptical about buying it because of noise but it's been great so far!

ah ok

funnily enough I actually am getting some noise with my setup, and those supplies are supposed to be isolated Haven't got round to figuring out the source. I'm actually thinking it might be the wah now.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,356 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok

funnily enough I actually am getting some noise with my setup, and those supplies are supposed to be isolated Haven't got round to figuring out the source. I'm actually thinking it might be the wah now.
Could always be the supply itself
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
yeah i guess. it's a while since i last checked it but i think i tried different supplies (i have more than one). but i could be wrong (though of course if it's a design flaw in all of them that wouldn't tell me anything). i'll not worry too much because i have too many pedals on the floor/board anyway and they're taking too much room, and if i take a bunch out of the chain the problem may well sort itself
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 13, 2016,
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
The Mooer Wahter arrived. I sat a pack of smokes next to it for size comparison.

How small is that?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Tiny!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
7,171 IQ
I got a Neunaber Seraphim and it's perfect for my hangovers.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
I got a Neunaber Seraphim and it's perfect for my hangovers.

Never tried one but I really like the Wet.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,356 IQ
For what it's worth, here's summer 2016:

Still needs velcroing, but otherwise looking good.
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Aug 22, 2016,
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Nice board. Is that Fender a volume pedal?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
K33nbl4d3
ayy shakira shakira
3,356 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice board. Is that Fender a volume pedal?
Thanks It is indeed; originally it was there so I could just step on the heel of it to kill the signal when I needed to, but since I got the Polytune I mostly use it for swells when I get bored.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Thanks It is indeed; originally it was there so I could just step on the heel of it to kill the signal when I needed to, but since I got the Polytune I mostly use it for swells when I get bored.

Nice, volume pedals are fun to dick around with for sure.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster