Page 5 of 5
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by ruker
I have over 100 tabs contributed, you have a whooping zero. You're the detriment to this community, not me.

You're such a racist.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Eastwinn
through being cool
90 IQ
Quote by ruker
I have over 100 tabs contributed, you have a whooping zero.

Man, I'm only 26, but I feel compelled to say... kids these days. Welcome to the internet, subject-specific forums can have off-topic sub-forums... it's common. Deal with it.

i would have plenty of contributions if i could submit sheet music

it might be common, but so was slavery in the 19th century and look how that went.
ruker
the iconflict
3,458 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
You're such a racist.

What can I say, contributor is the master race...

Quote by Eastwinn
i would have plenty of contributions if i could submit sheet music

So copy your sheet music into Power Tab (it's free) and submit away.

OT: I rarely even view The Pit... yet I have absolutely no problems with it or who posts there. I think it keeps a greater sense of activity here on the forums that just music discussions can't. It gives people all the more reason to come back.
Last edited by ruker at Jun 17, 2013,
fanapathy
B-Tuned
1,802 IQ
Quote by Deliriumbassist
(...)Having an off-topic forum makes UG forums what is- a one stop place for musicians and music lovers to be a community. Having a diverse mix of people is amazing and keeps the forum from stagnating. And sometimes, even musicians want to talk about stuff that, well, isn't music. (...)

Yes - and not just this. Sites like UG attract a specific kind of people - in this case primarily guitarists or (guitar) music fans. They are more likely to be coming from similar places, have similar values and therefore understand each other better while discussing other topics.

I rarely post or read in the pit, because I feel it's one giant section for everything (Sports, TV, Relationships, Travel, Science, Politics, Theology, Lifestyle, etc ALL go in there) - there are just tons of threads on all kinds of subjects and it's hard to keep up with them. If anything, more off-topic subforums should be added. To be able to discuss a variety of topics with other people who share similar interests with you is a great thing.
Eastwinn
through being cool
90 IQ
hey ruker just so you know, i frequent the pit extensively. i was just messing with you
Joshua Garcia
An actual big boy
4,731 IQ
Are you serious? If the pit didn't exist, everything would be like those comments you see in the articles on the homepage, everywhere. At least I would think so. Which, in my opinion, is the worst.

I think the division between seriousness and non seriousness is well divided because of the pit.

And besides, I joined in 09 and had absolutely no clue what the pit was like until late last year, so it must not be that bad at driving people away. If you have a problem with the non seriousness of the pit, well that's your problem. You can either stay in the serious part of the site or unwad your panties and learn to deal with it.
Quote by RAB11
Josh-Claude Van DAAAAAAAAAAYUM GRRRL hook me up with dem digits
ruker
the iconflict
3,458 IQ
Quote by Eastwinn
hey ruker just so you know, i frequent the pit extensively. i was just messing with you

I figured when I looked at your post history after my last post, and saw you had quite a few new posts in the Pit.
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB
673 IQ
Quote by dog_style

and what works for you in the music business is your experience. that may or not be your fault, but not everyone is so unlucky.

bands get groupies no matter how poor and local of a band they are, no other trade gets that unless they get rich first. that's why chicks prefer musicians. a band like motley crue, you don't think they get tons of groupies? even now?

i did address you opinion about this thread subject you replied about and about musicians being superior. so i don't know what you are talking about.

Ignoring the wannabe musician thing, as that's just going to be a case of different meanings for the same term.

It's not only my experience, but the experience of many that I know personally or have met on my travels, even up to a couple of acts who have been in the UK charts. The common thread- everything is shit about the business except the time in stage, and that time is only a blip in the grand scheme of things. On the flip side, the session work I do is thorouly enjoyable, so I've been on both ends of the spectrum in terms of happiness. And guess what? I'm far from the only one with that opinion/experience.

The groupies thing- they all tend to be existing friends. Any groupies outside of that tend to be the 11pm-4am nightclub sluts who just want a shag, and they'll shag anyone. You aren't special because you can twang a guitar.

And no, you didn't address any of my points. You addressed my opinion, by effectively saying 'well, that's your opinion, man,', but you obviously have no counter to anything that I posted concerning the Pit, and couldn't even put in the effort to acknowledge the points- you even went through the bother of completely deleting them out of the quote in your post.
Malchius
10 IQ
Quote by Deliriumbassist

And no, you didn't address any of my points. You addressed my opinion, by effectively saying 'well, that's your opinion, man,', but you obviously have no counter to anything that I posted concerning the Pit, and couldn't even put in the effort to acknowledge the points- you even went through the bother of completely deleting them out of the quote in your post.

He doesn't answer questions that destroy his logic, because his logic is flawed.

He's a 'Musician', let him be.
Last edited by Malchius at Jun 18, 2013,
dog_style
UG Senior Member
90 IQ
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ignoring the wannabe musician thing, as that's just going to be a case of different meanings for the same term.

here's a classic example if you will, people.

this is the type of trolling i am talking about with pit people who try and also take it to the musicians sections and makes the forums look bad for musicians. i clearly replied back to the wannabe musician thing and now he claims i ignore him on the subject, and for what? BORED ARGUMENT!
real musicians don't wanna get on here (i.e. the forums) to argue with another someone looking to argue who seems like another angry bored loner non musician just looking for something to do (or whatever they might be).
you'll notice the hostility in his reply if he does. that also explains it. when people get very hostilely obsessed over a forums site.
Last edited by dog_style at Jun 18, 2013,
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by dog_style

real musicians don't wanna get on here to argue with another someone who seems like another angry bored loner just looking for something to do.

How would you know?
dog_style
UG Senior Member
90 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
How would you know?

because they'd rather be playing/practicing and would be, instead of making a pure waste of time. you're just trying to speak for them when you are not one. come on.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by dog_style
because they'd rather be playing/practicing and would be, instead of making a pure waste of time. you're just trying to speak for them when you are not one. come on.

How would you know?
babysmasher
unwell
32 IQ
Quote by dog_style
someone looking to argue who seems like another angry bored loner non musician just looking for something to do

..says the guy who's been arguing this thread for the last week
dog_style
UG Senior Member
90 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
How would you know?

common sense. and i just know. like if someone doesn't eat for a week, they're gonna get hungry.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by dog_style
common sense. and i just know.

I disagree.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
90 IQ
Quote by babysmasher
..says the guy who's been arguing this thread for the last week

i'm just being polite and replying back to my replies. i'm not going back and forth with 40 replies with one person like they would love or replying back to everyone.
it's not entirely fault you and other people love me so much. it's mainly you're fault.

you ever heard the song 'dogs on leads' by accept?
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ

/thread
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
I would gladly, but silly mirror threads tend to stay in The Pit. I can respect that, most can, which shows your concern to be unfounded.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
90 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
I would gladly, but silly mirror threads tend to stay in The Pit. I can respect that, most can, which shows your concern to be unfounded.

this section is for site discussions.
dog_style
UG Senior Member
90 IQ
Quote by ruker
dog_style, I created www.Ultimate-Musician.com just for you, buddy. The only problem is, the site won't appear correctly if you're not a musician... but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

please don't call me your buddy, dude. but thanks for the link, i figure you'd start one like this.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Quote by dog_style
please don't call me your buddy, dude. but thanks for the link, i figure you'd start one like this.

he's not your 'dude', pal.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
182 IQ
Friend, I am not your buddy
dog_style
UG Senior Member
90 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
he's not your 'dude', pal.

i never said he was but does this make us pals? because i don't want that.
mjones1992
92 IQ
Quote by dog_style

Says the self-proclaimed 'musician' who's creating ridiculous threads and then continually posting more and more nonsense to them. You're beginning to look like the epitome of the things you complain about. Like really...how much of your time in the past month have you spent posting ridiculousness?

You seem to be way too worried about what others are doing with their time when you could be doing all of this practicing/playing you speak and preach of, and then maybe you can post some real music and we'll believe you when you say that you're a 'musician'. I really do think you're the 'guy with the acoustic guitar that knows only a few chords and calls himself a musician ' What was the term you used? Musician wannabe?...except I think instead of a few chords, you know Smoke on the Water (but only the main riff, and not even correctly) and MAYBE Seven Nation Army.

I could be wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting by the way you're talking about yourself.

Why don't you stop worrying about what we're spending our time doing and make it your personal goal to become the next legend in music?

Thanks for the laugh though. You really are one of a kind TS.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jun 19, 2013,