SGstriker
UG Addict
3,556 IQ
Any chance of that ending up on forum posts as well? I think it'd be a pretty cool feature, and it might cut down on the amount of unnecessary posts?

But mostly just the first thing.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
This has been asked many times before. One of the problems with that sort of thing is that people will actually make more unnecessary posts in an attempt to get something upvoted. Really it doesn't matter though. It also opens the door to some clown going around and downvoting every post they see, regardless of whether or not it's a good post. And I feel like the way some of the subforums on here tend to be, you would end up with every thread full of 20 downvotes per post.

Also if your post is good and people agree with it, they'll say that it's good or vice versa, which is probably cooler in terms of feedback because you actually know who likes your posts and why rather than that 20 anonymous people liked it, potentially none of which are active posters.

Though honestly one thing that I would like to see changed for the Like/Dislike system in the columns would be showing the individual number of likes and dislikes. With the current system, a comment might have a total of +5 we'll say. That only tells you that 5 more people upvoted than downvoted. That could mean that 5 people upvoted and none downvoted or that 768 people upvoted and 763 people downvoted. I think that that would be a lot more helpful.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
henrihell
Tab Contributor
1,689 IQ
Quote by theogonia777

Though honestly one thing that I would like to see changed for the Like/Dislike system in the columns would be showing the individual number of likes and dislikes. With the current system, a comment might have a total of +5 we'll say. That only tells you that 5 more people upvoted than downvoted. That could mean that 5 people upvoted and none downvoted or that 768 people upvoted and 763 people downvoted. I think that that would be a lot more helpful.

The "wednesday question" would also be better, because they could ignore all downvotes and count the votes instead. Now people that don't want to see some album on the list downvotes it so it looks like it got less votes. So all the lists are just based on the general UGers opinion, not what actually got the most votes.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Malchius
113 IQ
Then the forums could be like Youtube. Thumbs up if you like this comment.
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****
1,019 IQ
No. The forums are discussion based. There would be less posts if users could just +1 a comment.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
Quote by henrihell
The "wednesday question" would also be better, because they could ignore all downvotes and count the votes instead.

But if the whatever that gets the most upvotes with 545 but then gets 7834 downvotes, it probably shouldn't be included on the list.

So all the lists are just based on the general UGers opinion

Isn't that the whole point of those lists?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16

karstaag666
Karstaag666
1,401 IQ
Quote by theogonia777
But if the whatever that gets the most upvotes with 545 but then gets 7834 downvotes, it probably shouldn't be included on the list.

Isn't that the whole point of those lists?

What if this happened though:

Hey UG'ers, who out of the three are your favorite?

Band A:
Band B:
Band C:

2000 people vote for Band A,
Band B & C have 1000 each, but they also down vote Band A.

Band A WAS the most popular, but is seen in last place.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
Quote by karstaag666
What if this happened though:

Hey UG'ers, who out of the three are your favorite?

Band A:
Band B:
Band C:

2000 people vote for Band A,
Band B & C have 1000 each, but they also down vote Band A.

Band A WAS the most popular, but is seen in last place.

Then that means that UGers dislike Band A and so it is not the favorite.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

Quote by Arby911

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16

karstaag666
Karstaag666
1,401 IQ
Quote by theogonia777
Then that means that UGers dislike Band A and so it is not the favorite.

Do you not see how that distorts the results though?
There are 2000 UG'ers, a MAJORITY that vote for something, yet because the other 2 minorities don't like it, this isn't seen.

This can heavily distort results. For example if there was a band that has a large following, as a result there are a lot of people that hate them for this. They're still the big winners at the end of the day so long as they have that large following, and the haters wont have any real affect on them. However with the current voting system, that isn't seen.
SGstriker
UG Addict
3,556 IQ
Quote by AeroRocker
No. The forums are discussion based. There would be less posts if users could just +1 a comment.

Fair enough.

Was just a thought.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****
1,019 IQ
Quote by SGstriker
Fair enough.

Was just a thought.

Just my two cents, man.

I have no authority on the matter...
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by SGstriker
Any chance of that ending up on forum posts as well? I think it'd be a pretty cool feature, and it might cut down on the amount of unnecessary posts?

But mostly just the first thing.

*downvotes*
Other forums do that kind of thing, I don't think we should.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
you want the forums to be like the comments section?

are you high?