Rensa
Rene
3,103 IQ
I just want to see how many people agree/disagree on this matter.
Ever since i first heard the song (i love the song) but the solo is very bland for me i wouldn´t place it in the first place of solos of all time. Not in my top 50 even. There are so many more expressive and meaninful solos ive heard that i just think the solo sucks.
Why is it #1? I cannot find an explanation.
Dead_Pleasures
68 IQ
Expressive????? I dont know how you dont feel something when listening to it.

Personally i dont think music has to be complex to be memorable. It only has to be as complex as is needed.
Doctor.Dolittle
Meme-o Friend-o
385 IQ
It's okay, but by no means "number 1". Who said it was?
Quote by Kopp2
Just be like me. You will get cool by instant

Dayman

Master of karate and friendship for everyone
vilk
******ed
225 IQ
No. 1? I dunno... maybe 40 years ago or whenever people first started saying that I could see where they were coming from.

Bland? Not so sure about that. Especially in the context of the song it's amazing. One of the few solos that most people can sing acapella from memory.

I'd be interested to hear your list of 50 solos that you think are better.
Listen. I'm sorry.
sovaso
Sova Sova Sova!
1,798 IQ
That would be interesting. Stairway to heaven isn't as bland as some solos. so I disagree.
Dr Brodsky
Banned
180 IQ
Of course it's bland. Led Zeppelin had said everything they were ever going to say by about halfway through their 3rd album. Their only real gem is Led Zeppelin 2 and even that is patchy. Led Zeppelin 3 is a marketing attempt at the then in vogue acoustic folk rock and Led Zeppelin 4 is a marketing attempt to secure American sales. It gets even funnier with Houses of the Holy. I think they were looking for a pop hit with Claptonesque reggae. Don't worry about Jimmy Page, he bought all the fast cars he ever needed on the back of thick hairy male teenagers with more money than sense.
Vendetta V
The Creep
9,504 IQ
umm who cares about numbers? music is about the feelings/sensation that you get from it. If you don't then go look for them in some other types of music. No need to attach numbers ffs

I'm The Creep!

I'm a mixing engineer, hit me up

Please support my music and purchase my
My

My

And Call Me V
Dr Brodsky
Banned
180 IQ
Is anyone still awake by the time they have droned on to the obligatory guitar solo.
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
I think it's a very fitting solo, especially the last phrase.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
man_suits
and stuff...
135 IQ
Quote by BladeSlinger
I think it's a very fitting solo, especially the last phrase.

I agree. I think that it fits well with the rest of the song.

It's also interesting because I have always heard the it was one of Page's least favorite songs to play. I wonder if he thinks the solo is bland.
AmirT
248 IQ
The solo has this consistency to the rest of the song, and the song in general is thought through. Elemntary simple but still a b1tch to play while sounding good.
vilk
******ed
225 IQ
it's evil as **** if you listen to it backwards
Listen. I'm sorry.