fobfob
227 IQ
Hi
Just curious as to why some people dislike fall out boy ?
sweetdude3000
1,172 IQ
Quote by fobfob
Hi
Just curious as to why some people dislike fall out boy ?

Same reason why people hatr Beiber.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Why do people dislike anything?

Because personal taste.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Audiolife
130 IQ
Because they think it makes them look "edgy" and "m3tal." It's the cool thing to do, to hate people who have had major success regardless of if they have worked hard to get it. I understand if someone doesn't like it, that's fine. But their is no reasonable explanation for the hate they get.
vilk
******ed
225 IQ
Quote by Audiolife
Because they think it makes them look "edgy" and "m3tal." It's the cool thing to do, to hate people who have had major success regardless of if they have worked hard to get it. I understand if someone doesn't like it, that's fine. But their is no reasonable explanation for the hate they get.

seriously? People who primarily listen to metal (me) usually don't know enough about popular music to care. The last time I heard a Fall Out Boy song was in high school, and I felt that it was meh. Just some more pop-rock music. It doesn't mean anything to me. If I were to use stronger words I guess I could say 'I hate it', but personality wise for me I don't tend to 'hate' music so much. I either like it or I don't care.

However, saying that people purposely hate on bands to make themselves seem edgy or metal kind of just makes you seem like you are for some reason embarrassed for liking popular music or butt-hurt because some metal head made fun of you. Maybe when you're in high school it's a big deal or something, but realistically liking shitty pop-rock music will probably make you more popular with girls, or just people in general, so I doubt anyone does it to seem cool.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Jun 25, 2013,
Audiolife
130 IQ
Quote by vilk
seriously? People who primarily listen to metal (me) usually don't know enough about popular music to care. The last time I heard a Fall Out Boy song was in high school, and I felt that it was meh. Just some more pop-rock music. It doesn't mean anything to me. If I were to use stronger words I guess I could say 'I hate it', but personality wise for me I don't tend to 'hate' music so much. I either like it or I don't care.

However, saying that people purposely hate on bands to make themselves seem edgy or metal kind of just makes you seem like you are for some reason embarrassed for liking popular music or butt-hurt because some metal head made fun of you. Maybe when you're in high school it's a big deal or something, but realistically liking shitty pop-rock music will probably make you more popular with girls, or just people in general, so I doubt anyone does it to seem cool.

That's the problem... You just said that you felt "meh" about them! Being meh about something and hating something are to completely different things. This obviously didn't apply to you.

It's the same reason people hate anything labeled "mainstream," there might be some cool music there but people aren't concerned with if the music is good or not. They're concerned with their image. People act like Fall Out Boy killed children and ate their little corpse's, when all they did was make music. I'll say it again: There is a difference between disliking a band because of personal taste and hating a band because it makes you feel superior or cool.

Don't act like people don't do that, especially the people on this site. It's the culture we live in and FOB is one of the "victims."
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I don't think FOB are one of those "**** the haters" bands. They're not cool anymore. If people want to be edgy they listen to generic mainstream metalcore band #3 these days.

FOB just do what they want and normally it turns out pretty catchy. I am unashamedly a fan of at least two of their albums.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 25, 2013,
Drogba1
10 IQ
It's the cool thing to do, to hate people who have had major success regardless of if they have worked hard to get it. I understand if someone doesn't like it, that's fine. But their is no reasonable explanation for the hate they get.
Buy WOW Gold
Cheap WOW Gold
Fallenoath
My minds playin' tricks
985 IQ
Quote by vilk
this is deep.

Just like magnets.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Hammer-On-22
333 IQ
I think their new album is doing nothing to save rock and roll
man_suits
and stuff...
135 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
FOB just do what they want and normally it turns out pretty catchy. I am unashamedly a fan of at least two of their albums.

I can agree with this. FOB definitely could make a catchy song. It was cool for what it was. I think people jump on the hate train because it's what everyone else is saying/doing without putting too much thought into why.
eric_wearing
KillerOfIdiocracy
1,542 IQ
People still complain about FOB? I'll admit that when I firt got into rock music (around 10th grade) I pulled the whole "hate it cos it's the cool thing to do" but I've listened to their stuff and I like it.
I did the same with Beiber but just for lulz, I never listened to anything but that annoying Baby and Boyfriend...it was shxt...but now he has grown up a bit and you can't deny the kids talent and musicianship.
I don't really like metalcore (it's growing on me though) and Dethcore upsets me a lot cos it's so friggin lazy...I feel bad sometimes though cos being a metalhead means that I'm expected to hate these bands y'know? I mean, I don't feel bad about BOTDF but BVB isn't too bad, just generic. And I'm actually a fan of A7X though The Rev was apparently the force behind the band seeing that Nightmare sucked...

Sorry for spieling XD
Theory is just...wow. I'm getting a bit over my head by trying to learn so much w/o formal educators

Quote by DBKGUITAR
To be a good lead guitar you must be VERY GOOD AT RYTHM

Quote by MaggaraMarine
My motto: Play what the song needs you to play!
Caaarrl94
3,004 IQ
They're just one of those meh pop punk bands.
Nothing great about them, but nothing terrible about them.
I used to like them quite alot
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke
fobfob
227 IQ
Quote by Fallenoath
Just like magnets.

how are magnets deep?