Hi I am new here I hope some one can help me
I have eclipse II and I want go to drop d and I want to know do I need to do any thing to my nuts
Because I dont want I use 10 48 strings and I think 10 52 would be okay for drop d
Tnx for youre help
Buy the strings, and see if they fit into the nut? They should fit if you ask me. 52 isn't that big of a gauge
If your guitar came set up for 9-42, a 10-52 mos probably won't fit. I've tried it with my own guitar, set up for 9-42 from the factory and it seems to only be able to take one string gauge thicker.
There is absolutely no reason why it won't fit
I went from 09-42 to like, 12-60 with no problems on 3 different guitars, so really you have nothing to worry about
I have nothing important to say
Are you talking about 'drop d' which is just dropping the e string, or drop tuning to 'D' which is retuning all the strings to DGCFAD? Drop D shouldnt require anything different, people drop d all the time live, hipshot also makes drop d tuners.
Quote by JackSaints
There is absolutely no reason why it won't fit
I went from 09-42 to like, 12-60 with no problems on 3 different guitars, so really you have nothing to worry about

You have to make the slots in the nut wider. Not only will the thicker low strings lay on the nut, but the other strings that fall inside the slots will be pinched causing tuning problems.
It's not a big deal, but it's not as simple as you make it seem.
Quote by Rocket-Man66666
You have to make the slots in the nut wider. Not only will the thicker low strings lay on the nut, but the other strings that fall inside the slots will be pinched causing tuning problems.
It's not a big deal, but it's not as simple as you make it seem.

Not always, I bought a pre-slotted graphtec nut and it fits my .10-.60 set just fine, and the floyd rose type locking nuts require no adjustment either.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Buy strings, see if they fit. If they don't file the slots wider.
i will do it on my ibanez whch has floyd rose and has no ****ing nut like eclipse anyway i need both standard and drop but i would prefered drop d on eclipse because of active pickups
Last edited by arash93hhhh at Jun 29, 2013,
Just turn the tuning peg on your E string. You'll find it at the end of your guitar farthest away from your nose. It's the one with the thickest string on. Drop it a whole tone, well done, aren't you a clever boy. You'll be able to tie your shoe laces soon.
Quote by BirdRiverCustom
Are you talking about 'drop d' which is just dropping the e string, or drop tuning to 'D' which is retuning all the strings to DGCFAD? Drop D shouldnt require anything different, people drop d all the time live, hipshot also makes drop d tuners.

It's easier to just call it D standard, and using the term "drop" for the lowering of the 6th string.