Redwave
43 IQ
Hi, I recently bought Fender Mustang IV guitar amp. This amp offers you an option to plug the amp to computer through USB. I can download amp settings, backing tracks, etc. to my amp by USB and also I heard that recording through USB is possible. But I couldn't manage to do it, actually I don't know what to do. So if there is somebody using the same amp series with me, how can I record through USB? Which softwares do I need to download?
Redwave
43 IQ
I tried with Audacity but couldn't manage to record. There must be a particular software or something like that produced by Fender.
AJScott
1,383 IQ
Download Reaper. Great recording DAW that's free, select the input device as your amp when it's connected and start recording. Maybe watch a tutorial or two on recording on Reaper first
adrian.barbu.14
88 IQ
I have a Mustang II. I recorded some songs with AVS Audio Editor. I tried with many others but it was too compicated. There is a tutorial how to record with USB in the programm. Hope this halped.
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!
1,619 IQ
Quote by Redwave
I tried with Audacity but couldn't manage to record. There must be a particular software or something like that produced by Fender.

Er...nope.

Just learn to use Audacity (or better still, REAPER). Seriously, it's not difficult.

Studio One Free would also work nicely for you.
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
Quote by AJScott
Download Reaper. Great recording DAW that's got a free trial and is very affordable, select the input device as your amp when it's connected and start recording. Maybe watch a tutorial or two on recording on Reaper first

FTFY, It's not freeware and it really bugs me that everyone thinks it is.
xxdarrenxx
UG Fanatic
1,654 IQ
Don't know is this is off any value, but I read that not all midi cables send info both ways.

For changing stuff in amp is one way, to record is going the other way.

Unless you can state what you've tried already in exact terms, then it might be this problem.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??