RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
799 IQ
Hey guys, RoKHED again...
I've got ONLY a Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt, and an Epi. LP Spec. II, and I really need to somehow make my guitar sound like a bagpipe. I do have Audacity (V 1.17) for recording, if it helps at all...
Why? I'm VERY Scottish and Irish, about 40% each. And it shows... And I need to salute my ancestry in my first album... And I'll let HELPFUL contributors download my first album off of YouTube for free... Thanks!
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
vilk
******ed
225 IQ
Yeah, well, last time I checked bagpipes aren't Irish, and using digital FX on your electric guitar isn't Scottish. Why don't you just place a craigslist ad for someone who actually can play the bagpipes?
Listen. I'm sorry.
socrfb
47 IQ
MIDI is an option. Unfortunately I don't know how to set up a MIDI rig so someone else will have to go into more detail. Basically, you can record your guitar and have it come out sounding like practically anything else, among other uses. Great for when you want to record an instrument that you don't know how to play.
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Quote by RoKHED
Hey guys, RoKHED again...
I've got ONLY a Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt, and an Epi. LP Spec. II, and I really need to somehow make my guitar sound like a bagpipe. I do have Audacity (V 1.17) for recording, if it helps at all...
Why? I'm VERY Scottish and Irish, about 40% each. And it shows... And I need to salute my ancestry in my first album...

To be honest I don't think you're going to have much luck with this; half of the bagpipes' characteristic sound comes from the drones and that's not really a sound you can replicate on guitar.

Quote by RoKHED
And I'll let HELPFUL contributors download my first album off of YouTube for free... Thanks!

Oh thank you, how generous
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
Listen to some Big Country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB6AzLxWWzE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Country

"The song featured heavily engineered guitar playing, strongly reminiscent of bagpipes; Adamson and fellow guitarist, Watson, achieved this through the use of the MXR Pitch Transposer 129 Guitar Effect"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
799 IQ
Quote by vilk
Yeah, well, last time I checked bagpipes aren't Irish, and using digital FX on your electric guitar isn't Scottish. Why don't you just place a craigslist ad for someone who actually can play the bagpipes?

I know, but the Irish SOMETIMES use them... The Dropkick Murphy's anyone?
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
799 IQ
Big Country? They're pretty good! Small-name band that I've never heard of- that I really like...
Anyone know about Roadhorse?
Geldin
1,677 IQ
Quote by RoKHED
I know, but the Irish SOMETIMES use them... The Dropkick Murphy's anyone?

Dropkick Murphy's are a terrible example of Irish music. They're watered down punk with Irish accents.

I doubt you'll be able to get a convincing bagpipe sound out of your guitar. Like Zaphod said, it's characteristic sound comes from the drones, which a guitarist would have difficulty replicating. If you're that desperate for bagpipes, find a bagpipist.
WaltTheWerewolf
Caffeinated
1,313 IQ
You could pull off the drone effect at least with the EH FREEZE pedal and throw in an EBOW to get an irish sound but It'd be more of a violin/flute sound depending on the position of your tone knob...but like someone else said its the drone thing the bagpipes do and you could at least do that.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by vilk
Yeah, well, last time I checked bagpipes aren't Irish

Whilst Scotland is most well known for them, the Bagpipes aren't ONLY a Scottish instrument. In fact the Irish have their own variants known as Uillean or Elbow pipes.

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 28, 2013,
RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
799 IQ
Alright then; if I am screwed with what I got- then I am screwed...
Still, nobody knows about Roadhorse? They're pretty damned good... If you like heavy metal... I take guitar lessons from their guitarist...
RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
799 IQ
okay then, could I at least get a similar sound to Angus Young out of a LP Special II, and a Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt? If so, what settings? Keep in mind, I only have these two things! No pedals, amp heads, speakers, etc. I ONLY have a Vypyr 15 watt to do the editing...
Last edited by RoKHED at Jul 2, 2013,
RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
799 IQ
Quote by Geldin
Dropkick Murphy's are a terrible example of Irish music. They're watered down punk with Irish accents.

True... true... You win this round...
Steve BP
Sonic Abuser
108 IQ
Why not play a melody over a drone note?

You may not get the bagpipe tone, but you may be able to approximate bagpipe harmonies and feel.
RoKHED
Rock N' Roll Revivalist
799 IQ
That would be cool... I only have a Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt, and two guitars... reference my profile... Would I somehow be able to get a drone note to play while I play my melody JUST with what I have?