Dr Brodsky
Banned
180 IQ
Just how embarrassing was Bob Dylan. 95% of the lyrics he wrote are just plain drug fuelled rubbish. Did anyone really talk the way this tramp with a guitar talks in his drones, sorry songs. Bob Dylan is the embarassing jimmy savile figure of 1960s pop. In the bin squarepants Dylan.
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
at midnight, all the agents and superhuman crew
go out and round up everyone
who knows more than they do
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

PSN: esunax
Dr Brodsky
Banned
180 IQ
Just goes to show the childish rubbish he wrote with drug induced paranoia. Those lyrics probably sound meaningfull to a 6 year old who likes super heroes and conspiracy theories.
man_suits
and stuff...
135 IQ
Yeah, as successful as his career as a singer/songwriter was... utterly embarrassing.

EDIT: Opinions are like assholes...
Last edited by man_suits at Jun 30, 2013,
Dr Brodsky
Banned
180 IQ
Looks as though someone knows the price of everything but the value of nothing, you'll heaping praise on Jedward next for their sales figures. Engage brain before mouth.
ajhayes
167 IQ
I'm a big Dylan fan, but, I'll readily admit that there are better songwriters out there (Townes Van Zandt) and lots of better singers.

But, he's making the big bucks, and I'm not. So, we see exactly how much my opinion on the matter means.
Epiphone EJ 200 CE
Oscar Schmidt 12 String
Magnatone Zephyr
Several harmonicas
Kenucky Mandolin
Crestwood Resonator
Dean Playmate Acoustic Bass
Jasmine By Takamine S35
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
5/10 troll
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
man_suits
and stuff...
135 IQ
Quote by ajhayes
I'm a big Dylan fan, but, I'll readily admit that there are better songwriters out there (Townes Van Zandt) and lots of better singers.

But, he's making the big bucks, and I'm not. So, we see exactly how much my opinion on the matter means.

I mean what Dr Brodsky said in reply to my comment was quite truth. It's not all about the money and success that defines a great artist. There are plenty of successful musicians who aren't that great.

But no one can deny that he certainly had a profound impact on music. I mean I heard once that one of the many things that pushed Hendrix into doing solo stuff was listening to Bob Dylan.

Yes, some of his music is a bit questionable (even when he admits to purposefully writing bad albums), and he may be a bit overrated in some ways; but to use the word embarrassing strikes me as disrespectful.

There are plenty of people who enjoy his lyrical approach for valid reasons, and there are people who don't enjoy it (and have just as valid reasons as well). I just wish that some respect could be shown when discussing one's opinion. To present your opinion is one thing, but to use the word "embarrassing" and the like is another.
Dr Brodsky
Banned
180 IQ
He always sang like he had something in his mouth, I wondered what it was.