So I found these strings earlier, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I can't find too much about them. Since they're such heavy strings ( 85 105 135 175) do you have to do anything to the nut to use them, or will they work with a standard 4 string bass nut?
If I could get THAT sound out of a Casio Mickey Mouse watch, I would play a Casio Mickey Mouse watch
I googled these strings, but it shows their gauge is 65 80 105 130, not 85 105 135 175! The latest is acceptable only for Warwick Dark Lord.
Quote by Zaqq
I googled these strings, but it shows their gauge is 65 80 105 130, not 85 105 135 175! The latest is acceptable only for Warwick Dark Lord.

The larger gauge is the right size. The smaller ones are the version without the plus on the end.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002CVUNN4/ref=aw_ls__1?colid=1P8BAALH685Z1&coliid=I3V2WNYGYUSHIW
If I could get THAT sound out of a Casio Mickey Mouse watch, I would play a Casio Mickey Mouse watch
You would have to file the nut down on a conventional 4 string to accommodate for strings of that gauge. It's possible you will run into bridge problems on certain basses too.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by Ziphoblat
You would have to file the nut down on a conventional 4 string to accommodate for strings of that gauge. It's possible you will run into bridge problems on certain basses too.

I knew about the nut issues, but what type of bridge problems are you referring to?
Quote by Wetstra
I knew about the nut issues, but what type of bridge problems are you referring to?

Warwick basses with the two piece bridges sometimes have issues with strings fitting in the bridge, for example.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by Ziphoblat
Warwick basses with the two piece bridges sometimes have issues with strings fitting in the bridge, for example.

Thanks for all the help friend. Although that shouldn't be an issue as my bridge is a one piece. I think I'll look into getting a new nut, and see where that takes me.