Page 4 of 4
dad rock isnt going to exist, it will be dad rap and dad dance
Quote by NothingRocks
I think the Dad Rock of the next generation is just going to be the same bands as the previous generation with a few additions. Bands like Nickelback, Creed, Hinder, Foo Fighters, and a few others I can't think of.

good answer IMO
K, so "dad rock" pretty much overtakes "alternative" as being the most vague genre name ever.

It's music dads listen to lol! So...

Fucking

EVERYTHING!
My dad listened to the Allman Brothers, the Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, and such. Those bands really haven't influenced the music I listen to now though. I listen to Pantera, Megadeth, Slayer, that kind of stuff. But I don't want my kids going around singing like the screamo girl on America's Got Talent, so I am not sure what the dad rock will be. But other dads probably listened to grunge and stuff, so we will end up with the majority of rock being pop rock/grunge/punk/alternative/nu metal. A lot of people in my classes liked stuff like Asking Alexandria, and other stuff I don't like.
Quote by RealUnrealRob
I've gotten a few BOC on vinyl that I'll be listening to soon, so I'll be better acquainted with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln8-Y-fIbqM

The only Blue Oyster Cult song you need to know**.

**Not really, I love BOC, but that is my favorite song. Great music and a subject I love dearly..
Quote by ManInTheBox14
Aren't you the same idiot who tried to say that journalism is a horrible, evil profession?

No, I said music journalism was a horrible, evil profession.

Idiot.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
You really can't figure out what Dad Rock means lads?

Obviously it doesn't mean literally every dad in the world. Jeeesus
Quote by Morphogenesis26
That's not a criticism, and that's also not how you spell "criticize". I'm not surprised, though, given your avatar.

Criticise is British (and Commonwealth?); criticize is American.

Fortress > everything else.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by willT08

The standard set of albums from the 60s and 70s that every boomer likes. Boomers try to get younguns to listen to dad rock by loading up "best albums ever" lists with them. Dad rockers have no desire to listen to recent music and are stuck in the past.

??

Quote by guitarist41
Fortress > everything else.

I wholeheartedly disagree.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Jul 3, 2013,
Quote by willT08

Then why isn't it called Some Dads Rock?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Gorelord666
??

I wholeheartedly disagree.

I suggest turning the volume up.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by guitarist41
No, I said music journalism was a horrible, evil profession.

Idiot.

Oh, right. Once again proving that you know absolutely nothing about anything.
Quote by ManInTheBox14
Oh, right. Once again proving that you know absolutely nothing about anything.

Playing it fast and loose with the word proving.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by guitarist41
I suggest turning the volume up.

I wholeheartedly disagree even more.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
I wholeheartedly disagree even more.

Keep turning it up.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by guitarist41
Keep turning it up.

I rather not listen to any Protest the Hero again, anytime time in the near future.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
I rather not listen to any Protest the Hero again, anytime time in the near future.

Then don't. But Fortress will still be the best.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Gorelord666

mostly this....but Kezia is their best album. by far.
Quote by jugglingfreak

**Not really, I love BOC, but that is my favorite song. Great music and a subject I love dearly..
Few hours late but check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OBs6S1lW_Q

Good, and a not as heard of song. Plus a neat variation on the note pattern of the riff.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
You know Burgery I like BOC but their songs are always just weird to me
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Is it me or did all the SNL cowbell versions of don't fear the reaper vanished from youtube?
Quote by eGraham
You know Burgery I like BOC but their songs are always just weird to me

god damn it graham
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by jugglingfreak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln8-Y-fIbqM

With any BOC song, you gotta include this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTvbXMRMnHo

Back in the day, they put on a great live show.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jul 3, 2013,
Quote by Burgery
god damn it graham

What
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Rap lol
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
The Prodigy.

I can see it now:

"Son, why are you listening to that rubbish? Get a classic on like "Smack My Bitch Up" - your mum always loved a bit of "Smack My Bitch Up""
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It will be Nu metal & grunge, because that's what we listened to as kids and occasionally do now for the nostalgia effect.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Few hours late but check this one out:

[Cities on Flame]

Good, and a not as heard of song. Plus a neat variation on the note pattern of the riff.

Actually (a cover version of) that appeared in Guitar Hero 3, so it's probably pretty well known now.