davidrf
UG Newbie
366 IQ
Link removed as I'm not convinced this isn't simply an attempt to fish for views.

This video is taken from a 1965 italian TV show called "Chitarra amore mio" (Guitar My Love). A doctor shows up and begins to play with tapping! WTF???

It's way before Stanley Jordan, Van Halen or any of the usual suspects.

In the video he says he's self-taught and he always played like that. What do you think of this stuff?
Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature | Fender Telecaster Standard | Breedlove Discovery Concert CE Sunburst | Squier Jaguar Vintage Modified Bass Crimson Red
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
this is old news, that guy is even mentioned on the Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapping

nobody really knows who "invented" tapping, and we're never going to find out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,237 IQ
Tapping existed for many suns and moons before that.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
So it was.

That seems kind of fishy, especially as the video was only uploaded 2 days ago making this look suspiciously like an attempt to get views.

either way it's not particularly interesting, we're never going to know when tapping started and it doesn't really matter. However I'm not prepared to have this thread existing as an artificial attempt to somehow legitamise a claim to it's invention, which i suspect this may be.

Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com